WWE SmackDown returns to SyFy this coming Friday night (Dec. 13, 2013) from Portland, Oregon, but the show was taped, as usual, on Tuesday night. That means full spoilers are readily available if you're the impatient type who doesn't want to wait a couple days for the payoff.
Unwrap that present early:
- Daniel Bryan opened the show by defeating Erick Rowan via disqualification thanks to a run-in from Bray Wyatt. In the end, Bryan stood tall after laying Wyatt out with his flying knee, which could be a bad sign considering go home history and what not.
- Real Americans def. Cody Rhodes & Goldust in a non-title match, making them the second team in a few weeks to do that. I suppose that's the way WWE likes to establish contenders to titles but it's awful.
- Mark Henry def. Damien Sandow via count out when Sandow did the heel walkout finish.
- AJ Lee & Tamina Snuka def. Bella Twins with Natalya on commentary. The Divas division has no clear direction despite having its own show on the E! channel. That says so much.
- John Cena got some promo time but he couldn't come close to matching what he did on Raw.
- The Shield def. The Usos in a straight tag team match. After, CM Punk cut a promo from the Titantron promising the same thing he has for a couple weeks now: he knows he'll be going down at TLC, but he's taking some Shield members with him.
- Big Show def. Ryback in a squash. Rey Mysterio was alongside Show and he took out Curtis Axel. So it appears Show and Mysterio are a team now.
- Alberto Del Rio was set to work a match with Kofi Kingston but to protect him, The Miz was booked to run out and hit Kofi with the Skull Crushing Finale.
- The last segment before TLC features Randy Orton apologizing to Triple H. The apology is accepted, but just this once. Condescending attitude from "The Game" to "The Viper" and Orton played up how much he hated being in his position.
That's the show, Cagesiders. Your thoughts?