WWE is making their last European swing of the year, so we get some information in advance which will help us decide if we want to spend three hours with Raw on a Monday night.
The red brand hits Glasgow, Scotland’s SSE Hydro for this week’s episode (SmackDown gets their turn there tomorrow - Dec. 8). Thanks to the five hour time difference between the United Kingdom and the East coast of the U.S. of A., that means advance reports about what goes down on a show which is scheduled to feature Mick Foley fleshing out his Survivor Series teams, a possible Shield mini-reunion and much more!
We'll still be watching along with our usual live blog & open thread. You can join the fun when the show broadcasts in the States here.
But you don’t have to wait for that. The show is set to start at 7PM local time, with a Superstars taping. Spoilers should start pouring in for the flagship show at 3PM Eastern.
As the General likes to say, unwrap that present early:
- Commissioner Stephanie McMahon has the four members of Raw’s men’s Survivors Series team in the ring (everyone is cheered except Reigns, who gets heavily booed). She says she’s going to reveal the fifth member and out comes Seth Rollins. Owens doesn't want Seth on the team, and Rollins says he's been given assurances to get him to agree to take the spot, and says after Survivor Series, things aren't done between them. McMahon tells them they'll fight Team SmackDown like their jobs depend on it, because they do. JericKO and Rollins/Reigns argue, and it comes to blows. That sets up an announcement by Steph of a five-way main event between all the members of the team.
- Cruiserweight action sees the debut of Noam Dar on Raw (who comes out to big ICW chants). He & champion Brian Kendrick lose to Rich Swann & Sin Cara. Swann pinned the champ again. Afterwards, Kendrick berated Dar, who then beatdown the champ. The post-match stuff may have just been to placate the hometown crowd after the local guy lost his debut.
- Goldberg/Brock Lesnar video package plays on the TitanTron
- Backstage segment - it's announced Stephanie has been invited to SmackDown tomorrow by her brother. Sami Zayn is there, which annoys Steph. She doesn't understand why Mick Foley told Sami he could face Dolph Ziggler in an Intercontinental championship match against Dolph Ziggler at Survivor Series. She thinks the spot should go to Rusev - so she books a match between the two with the winner getting Dolph on Nov. 20.
- Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows, Golden Truth & Sheamus & Cesaro fill out Raw's Survivor Series tag team squad. New Day address their troops in kilts; Xavier Woods has bagpipes (Francesa's cousin Agnes). The champs rally the troops with a Braveheart speech, but say The Club will stab them all in the back. That sets up a non-title match between New Day and Anderson & Gallows. The Club wins with a Magic Killer.
- R-Truth traded his team's spot on the Survivor Series team for an investment in the Shining Stars time-share. Goldust is going to get it back.
- Another Brock/Goldberg video hyping their face-to-face next week.
- JeriKO try to recruit Strowman to their side. He says he's on Team Braun and walks off, so Jericho puts him on THE LIST (again).
- Golden Truth def. Shining Stars to reclaim the final spot on the Raw team.
- Shane & Daniel Bryan will be on Raw next week.
- Michael Cole is out to run down the rules of Survivor Series-type matches and introduce the women's team: Charlotte, Bayley, Nia Jax and Alicia Fox. Charlotte tries to cut a promo inroducing the fifth member, but was completely derailed by a long, loud rendition of the "Hey Bayley, will you be my girl" chant. She teases introducing Dana Brooke as the last member, but Cole says it's Sasha Banks.
- The chant continues into the set-up of a trios match, but eventually dies down. Alicia, Bayley & Sasha def. Charlotte, Dana & Nia when Bayley hits her finisher on the champ.
- Lana with a minor botch (calling Scotland "America") during her intro for Rusev. His bad night continued when Sami Zayn pinned him after a Helluva Kick and earned the IC title match against Dolph at Survivor Series.
- Kevin Owens wins the five-way main event... because he got Superman Punched out and landed on Chris Jericho, who'd been Pedigreed by Seth, for the pin. JericKO worked together, but the ending obviously could be used to tease/set-up dissension. Everyone had a hand in putting down Braun, and this sounded like a real showcase/coming out party for him.
- Owens vs. Rollins is your dark match main event; Seth wins by DQ when Jericho runs in, Enzo & Cass make the save to prevent the beatdown.