WWE Monday Night Raw comes waltzing back into our lives tonight (Jan. 26, 2015) from the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut, featuring the fallout show from the Royal Rumble pay-per-view (PPV) that went down just last night in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Advertised for tonight: Roman Reigns is headed to WrestleMania, Brock Lesnar will address that fact, Rusev and John Cena have beef, and more!
Come right back here at 8 p.m. ET when the Raw live blog kicks off once the show starts on USA. It will be below this line here. (REMINDER: NO GIFS OR PICS ARE ALLOWED IN THE COMMENTS SECTION. OFFENDERS WILL BE BANNED.)
WWE RAW RESULTS AND LIVE BLOG FOR JAN. 26
Update: It appears Raw may not be airing live tonight and something will air in its place. We'll cover whatever airs instead of Raw.
BaconStrips here. Let's see what the snow-day show is...
A small recap of the Royal Rumble match. They also address the huge snowstorm in the Northeast.
Michael Cole and Booker T host this show. Cole addresses the snowstorm and how there is a statewide travel ban in Connecticut. Therefore, there is no show at the XL Center.
Cole announces that the ENTIRE Royal Rumble match will be replayed on Raw...yeah. (Author's note: to make it simple, I'm just going to copy/paste my notes from last night)
JBL is playing WWE's version of Al Roker. He is on the roof of Titan Towers and drawing stuff on a whiteboard. He looks miserable while delivering the forecast, then declares the WWE Weather Channel over.
Brock Lesnar vs John Cena vs Seth Rollins (replay of last night's Triple Threat Championship match from Royal Rumble)
- Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Lesnar is in kill mode.
- Bell rings, and Lesnar goes right after Rollins, who high-tails it out of the ring. Cena comes after Lesnar and starts eating Germans.
- Lesnar tries to F5 Rollins, but J&J pulls Rollins off. They simultaneously eat a German suplex for their troubles.
- With J&J out of commission, Lesnar starts handing out suplexes.
- Lesnar locks Cena in the Kimura Lock, but Cena is able to lift Lesnar up. Rollins hits a springboard knee strike on both men. Rollins then starts kicking Lesnar.
- Cena and Rollins hit a double suplex on Lesnar, then Cena hits an Attitude Adjustment on Lesnar. Rollins throws Cena out and covers Lesnar ,but Lesnar kicks out at 1.
- All three men go outside, and Lesnar is thrown into the steps. Rollins and Cena enter the ring, where Cena hits his moves.
- After a stream freeze, my action resumes, and Lesnar eats a kick to the head from Rollins. Lesnar is kneed out of the ring, and Cena hits a Michinoku Driver on Rollins for a two.
- After a few seconds, Lesnar reenters and throws out Rollins. Cena starts working over Lesnar, eventually knocking him down with a clothesline.
- Cena is dragged out by Rollins, who attempts a springboard move. However, Lesnar CATCHES Rollins and F5s him, but this gets only a two as Cena breaks the pin.
- After looking down on Cena, Lesnar exits the ring and deconstructs the Spanish announce table. Lesnar reenters the ring and eats THREE consecutive AAs from Cena. The count is broken when Rollins pulls Cena out of the ring. Rollins hits a curb stomp on Lesnar, but THAT count is broken at 2.
- Lesnar exits the ring to regroup, and is speared through the timekeeper's barrier by Cena. A "holy shit" chant ensues.
- Cena starts to reenter the ring, but turns around and throws Lesnar into the ring steps. This sends Heyman scurrying away. For good measure, Cena hits Lesnar with the steps again, sending him onto the Spanish table.
- With Lesnar on the table, Rollins climbs the turnbuckle and drops a HUGE elbow on Lesnar, collapsing the announce table. This is insane!
- Cena drags Rollins' carcass into the ring to a bunch of boos. Rollins attempts a small package for a two count. Avada Kevada also gets Rollins a two count.
- Cena attempts an AA, but Rollins lands on his feet. After rebounding from the ropes, Rollins eats a beautiful powerbomb from Cena...two count only.
- Cena tries to superplex Rollins. However, Rollins blocks this and buckle bombs Cena for a two count.
- Rollins tries for a curb stomp, but Cena reverses into the STF. After a few seconds, J&J come in to break up the hold. J&J and Rollins deliver a triple powerbomb to Cena, but Cena kicks out.
- While this is going on, Lesnar is going through a stretcher job.
- Rollins takes his Money in the Bank briefcase and tries to hit Cena with it, but Rollins goes over the rope. Cena then Double AAs J&J...then delivers an AA to Rollins....FOR A TWO COUNT (2 and 99/100)
- Cena and Rollins start trading punches in the ring. Cena tries a couple AAs, but Rollins reverses and hits a curb stomp...BUT CENA KICKS OUT (first curb stomp kick out?)
- Rollins climbs the turnbuckle and hits a PHOENIX SPLASH, but The Beast powers back in and destroys all. Cena is thrown out of the ring. Rollins gets his briefcase and starts hitting Lesnar with it.
- Rollins sets up the briefcase for a curb stomp on Lesnar, but Lesnar powers up and hits Rollins with a MASSIVE F5 for the win.
Brock Lesnar def John Cena and Seth Rollins
That match was absolutely amazing.
Daniel Bryan vs Kane in a casket match is announced for Thursday's Live SmackDown.
Michael Cole conducts an interview with Seth Rollins.
He first asks Rollins whether he thought he deserved his title shot. Rollins says that not only did he deserve his shot, but he did everything possible to win that match.
Rollins thought that TWO curb stomps would bring down The Beast, but they didn't work. Rollins' elbow is brought up as well, with Rollins saying that he had to do anything to bring down Lesnar.
Rollins' Phoenix Splash is addressed as well as Lesnar's immediate return to the match. Rollins KNEW that the Phoenix Splash would bring down Cena, but Lesnar had to get involved.
Cole asks a huge question: What happens if Rollins meets Lesnar one on one? Rollins admits that he underestimated Lesnar, but Lesnar also underestimated Rollins. Rollins also says that he has something Lesnar doesn't: Plan B (the Money in the Bank).
Cole starts to close the interview by saying that Lesnar is up next, but Rollins laughs, saying that Lesnar will have to kick him out of his chair.
We're back from break, and Rollins is still in his chair. Brock Lesnar comes in and tells Rollins that "I believe you're in my chair."
Rollins gets up, dusts the chair off, and kicks it over. Lesnar smirks as he takes his chair.
Cole starts to introduce Lesnar, but Lesnar says that someone's upset about getting their ass kicked.
Cole asks about Lesnar's injury, and Lesnar more or less kayfabe confirms the broken rib.
Cole turns to Paul Heyman next, asking if this match is due to them being at odds with The Authority. Heyman laughs off this claim, and touts Brock Lesnar as the solution to The Authority's problems...as long as they can afford him..
Cole brings up the ending of Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania. He then asks Lesnar about Undertaker's psychological tactics and how he overcame them. Lesnar simply respects no one at any time, and he is The Beast, plain and simple. Heyman touts Lesnar as a legitimate once-in-a-lifetime athlete (also justifying why Heyman always says "BROOOOOOOOOOCK LEEEESSSSSSSSNNNNNNNAAAAARRRRRRRRR"
Cole addresses Roman Reigns winning the Royal Rumble match and getting a title shot. Lesnar asks who that is, and says that he's happy for him, and hopes that he's up for the challenge.
The big question is asked: Can Roman Reigns stop Brock Lesnar? The answer: no.
Royal Rumble match replay (I'm just going to post the full recap and go do something else)
1. The Miz
An Awesome Truth callback starts this Royal Rumble off.
3. BUBBA RAY DUDLEY!!!!!!
I'M MARKING!!! Bubba does the scoop slam and leg lift, and R-Truth plays the part of Devon for the WHAT'S UP!
"TRUTH...GET THE TABLES!!!!!!!"
Miz interrupts...and eats a 3D from Bubba and Truth
The Miz is eliminated
4. Luke Harper
R-Truth is eliminated
Bubba and Harper have a staredown before trading blows. SO MUCH HOSS
5. Bray Wyatt
Bray and Bubba stare each other down until Harper blindsides Bubba. Bubba gets eliminated as a "we want Devon" chant goes
Bubba Ray Dudley is eliminated
6. Curtis Axel
Curtis doesn't make it in as he's attacked by Erick Rowan. Rowan goes to the ring. Harper and Rowan start beating on Wyatt. Eventually Harper and Rowan are thrown out.
Luke Harper is eliminated
7. The Boogeyman
Well well well...this is interesting. Boogeyman and Bray have a staredown and a spontaneous "weird-off." Eventually Wyatt clotheslines and eliminates Boogeyman
The Boogeyman is eliminated
8. Sin Cara
Sin Cara is eliminated
Bray's on a roll. He takes a mic and challenges everyone in the back.
9. Zack Ryder
After some quick offense, including a Broski Boot, Zack's out
Zack Ryder is eliminated
10. Daniel Bryan
Here we GO! Bryan is on FIRE as we start this.
Fandango starts working over Bryan immediately. Fandango eats a huge kick and airplane spin, but stays in the ring.
12. Tyson Kidd
Kidd enters and starts working over Bryan and Wyatt before getting hit by Fandango. After Fandango is kicked, Kidd and Bryan go at it and collide mid-ring.
Stardust immediately goes to work and almost eliminates Fandango, who has to skin the cat to stay in. The same thing happens to Stardust, who also skins the cat.
In the background, Bryan eliminates Kidd
Tyson Kidd is eliminated
Bryan and Wyatt go at it outside.
14. Diamond Dallas Page (BANG!!!)
DDP enters and is immediately beat by Stardust. DIAMOND CUTTER TO STARDUST!
A few seconds later, SUPER DIAMOND CUTTER TO FANDANGO!
The fun is ended when Bray beats DD...DIAMOND CUTTER TO BRAY WYATT!!!
DDP's screwed. He tries to give the Diamond Cutter to Rusev, but eats DAT KICK and is thrown over.
DDP is eliminated
Fandango is eliminated
Rusev and Bray face off, but this is interrupted by a dropkick from Bryan. After a series of kicks, Bryan eats DAT KICK and is almost tossed over the rope. However, Bray Wyatt finishes the elimination
Daniel Bryan is eliminated
Goldust enters, but the crowd is PISSED. Goldust tries for Shattered Dreams, but is almost eliminated by Stardust. After a brief staredown, the Dusts go at it. The crowd LOUDLY chants for Daniel Bryan.
17. Kofi Kingston
18. Adam Rose
Bray throws Kofi out, but he is caught by the Rosebuds, who bring him to the apron.
Adam Rose is eliminated
Kofi Kingston is eliminated
19. Roman Reigns
Reigns enters to a chorus of boos. He quickly goes to work on the Dusts.
Goldust is eliminated
Stardust is eliminated
20. Big E
Rusev and Big E go at it, and Big E gets cannonballed by Rusev.
21. Damien Mizdow
Before Mizdow enters, The Miz blocks the ring, saying that he's taking this spot. Miz is thrown off by Reigns, and Mizdow enters. He has a flurry until being eliminated by Rusev.
Damien Mizdow is eliminated
The crowd boos some more
22. Jack Swagger
25. Dean Ambrose
This wakes the crowd from their rage. Ambrose enters and goes for everyone.
26. Titus O'Neil
Titus O'Neil is eliminated
27. Bad News Barrett
Big E is eliminated
29. Big Show
Ryback is eliminated
Jack Swagger is eliminated
30. Dolph Ziggler
Bad News Barrett is eliminated
Cesaro swings Ziggler a bunch of times. Cesaro tries to eliminated him, but to no avail.
Cesaro is eliminated
Ziggler eats a KO Punch from Show from the top rope. Naturally, this leads to...
Dolph Ziggler is eliminated
Kane also broke the all-time elimination record.
Bray Wyatt is eliminated
The final four is Big Show, Kane, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns...wait, is Rusev still in?
Reigns and Ambrose start beating Big Show and Kane respectively. Ambreigns try to eliminate Big Show, but are interrupted by Kane.
Dean Ambrose is eliminated
The crowd is mad...they know who's winning. A LOUD "bullshit" chant starts.
Kane and Big Show start going at it because one almost eliminated the other. They try to chokeslam each other, but the distraction allows Reigns to eliminate them both.
Winner: Roman Reigns
Or does he? Big Show and Kane start beating up Reigns until The Rock comes out and takes on the two. Reigns and Rock take out Show and Kane, but Rusev is still in this thing. He tries to eliminate Reigns, but eats a spear and is eliminated himself.
Roman Reigns really wins the Royal Rumble
The crowd is mad about this, and they're probably gonna address it
We're back from the Rumble, and the three hosts talk bicker about JBL's weather reporting until Cole focuses the conversation to the Rumble.
Byron Saxton interviews Roman Reigns. After the usual congratulatory stuff, Saxton immediately points out one of the elephants in the room: Roman's greenness. Roman admits that he isn't the most experienced person, but he's ready to scratch and claw his way to success, just like he did when he learned to swim.
Saxton next brings up the hostile crowd. Reigns tells us that life isn't fair, and brings up the fact that the crowd can cheer and boo whoever they want. As long as he can get up and perform, he's good.
Saxton brings up Reigns being handpicked. Reigns semi-thanks the higher-ups, and tells Saxton that he has to take advantage of his opportunities and succeed.
Next up is The Rock's assisting of Roman. He brings up the long list of family that runs through his veins, and how he was born into this business and wants to return the favor to his family. Reigns also looks forward to meeting Brock Lesnar face-to-face at WrestleMania and tonight.
This ends the interview.
The interview with John Cena from last night is replayed. For those who forget, a pissed-off Rusev takes the mic from Tom Phillips and starts yelling, causing Cena and him to stare each other down.
John Cena vs Rusev is announced for Fastlane.
Also announced for Fastlane: A face-off between Triple H and Sting.
Arnold Schwarzenegger is announced as the next inductee to the WWE Hall of Fame.
Dean Ambrose is walking outside in the blizzard.
Ambrose is trying to heat up when he is approached by Bryon Saxton. Saxton asks what Ambrose is doing at WWE HQ. Ambrose says that he went on a walk to clear his mind...from Hartford CT.
After some hitchhiking and a gas station brawl, Ambrose eventually makes it to HQ. He then equates his journey to the Road to WrestleMania.
Dean's gonna go to WrestleMania, ladies and gentlemen!
Renee Young interviews Daniel Bryan.
Renee brings up the birth of the Yes Movement, and Bryan talks about his run to WrestleMania XXX and how the fans helped him out.
Renee asks him about his injury, and Bryan calls it "brutal", saying that he let down his fans. However, this gave him the mindset that he HAS to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
Renee then brings up Bryan's elimination from the Rumble. Bryan says that he's disappointed that Reigns won, and that he was eliminated. Bryan states the ultimate fact that he never legitimately lost the title, and that a Lesnar/Bryan match would be the ultimate David & Goliath tale. He talks a bit about Roman's winning of the Rumble.
Bryan discusses his upcoming casket match with Kane. Bryan says that he's not gonna be denied, and he is mad as hell. He is going to do ANYTHING to end this feud with Kane, and after that, he wants a shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns and simultaneously interviewed by Michael Cole. Before the interview starts, Heyman shakes Roman's hand, and requests that HE be the one to ask the questions.
Heyman brings up the fact that he has known Reigns' family longer than Reigns has known his own family. Heyman has always had respect for the A'noai family, and shares some history.
Heyman says that it's in a Samoan's blood to be in a wrestling ring. Heyman again congratulates Reigns on his accomplishment, and brings up The Rock's history with Brock Lesnar...and how Brock Lesnar destroyed The Rock at SummerSlam 2002 (great match if you haven't seen it). Another startling fact is brought up: The Rock never asked for his rematch against Lesnar.
Heyman tells Reigns that The Rock will not tell him what he's REALLY up against at WrestleMania.
Heyman asks a huge question: How will Roman handle the disappointment of losing to Brock Lesnar?
After a long stare, Reigns turns to Brock Lesnar. Reigns says he knows who and what Brock Lesnar is. Reigns declares that he will defeat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, and everyone knows it. If he can't win the title, then Reigns will take a piece of Lesnar with him.
At this moment, both men stand and lock eyes. They shake hands, and Brock immediately tells Reigns that he doesn't respect him. Reigns says that Brock will respect him.