Tonight's (May 19, 2014) episode of Monday Night Raw emanates from the O2 Arena in London, England, and while we will have a live blog with complete results as usual, the show itself will not air live on USA. That's due to the time difference, of course, and that means spoilers are readily available if you want to see what happens ahead of time.
Here you go:
- Bray Wyatt promo starts the show, this one in the ring. John Cena managed to sneak up from behind and clean house, including an Attitude Adjustment on Bray. It's announced that Cena will take on Luke Harper later in the show.
- Cesaro def. Sheamus in a non-title match with a German suplex. Paul Heyman cut a promo beforehand that was over big with the crowd.
- They will be doing a Beat the Clock challenge to determine the Intercontinental title match at Payback. Winner gets Bad News Barrett. The first match saw Big E def. Ryback in 5:02.
- Summer Rae made her big return to TV during a match between Fandango and R-Truth. She came out and hopped in the ring to start kissing on Fandango, which led to a shouting match with Layla.
- Stephanie McMahon came out -- to Daniel Bryan's music, deliciously enough -- to address the state of the WWE world heavyweight championship. She said she believes the right thing to do is to strip Daniel Bryan of the title but she doesn't want to do it like this, so he needs to show up to Raw next week and give the belt up himself.
- Rusev def. Heath Slater, so apparently he is an equal opportunity ass kicker. 3MB were out rocking Union Jack gear and they were all destroyed in typical Rusev fashion.
- The Shield did a promo talking about Evolution and their upcoming match at Payback. Your run-of-the-mill Shield promo, though Roman Reigns was rocking that gnarly scar above his eye.
- Rob Van Dam def. Alberto Del Rio in the Beat the Clock challenge match in 4:15 to become the new leader.
- Seth Rollins def. Batista via disqualification after interference from Triple H. They worked this so Randy Orton was "guest timekeeper" while Triple H was "guest ring announcer". So, of course, Rollins had Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose out as "guest commentators". Naturally, a brawl broke out after the DQ but the match was really good.
- Alicia Fox def. Paige in a non-title match after a dominant performance. After all this, it might be safe to assume this will be the title match at Payback, though that wasn't announced.
- Dolph Ziggler def. Mark Henry in the final Beat the Clock challenge match was he was seconds late, so Rob Van Dam will get the Intercontinental title shot at Payback. Barrett attacked him and delivered the bad news, that RVD won't be able to beat him for the belt.
- Good news for WWE: Adam Rose is over in a big way in London. He came out to Renee Young and partied and all that good stuff before Zeb Colter came out for a promo to challenge Rose to a match at Payback against Jack Swagger.
- John Cena def. Luke Harper via disqualification in the main event of the evening. The Wyatt Family interfered and Cena was beaten down, ending in Sister Abigail on the stage before Bray sang and Harper counted to 10. You know, because of the Last Man Standing match.
That's the show, Cagesiders. Don't forget to come back later to hang out with your favorite Cageside Seats friends during the Raw live blog right here.