Paul Heyman appeared on the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani for a long sit-down interview yesterday and they talked about everything under the sun. This is undoubtedly one of the best interviews you will see from Heyman, mostly because it's clear how much he respects Helwani and the lack of time constraint.
Among the topics they discuss:
- Heyman almost buying Strikeforce and using Brock Lesnar's MMA debut to help push the promotion to new heights before the deal fell through.
- His career being tied to Lesnar and his legacy depending upon what he does with him for however long they have left together.
- Why his pairing with Cesaro failed and what hurt it, namely the fact that people only associate Heyman with Lesnar and there was never any transfer of heat like they thought there would be.
- CM Punk leaving WWE and having a mindset that he's never coming back. For that matter, he thinks WWE feels the same way.
- His hope that CM Punk fights in MMA at some point because he thinks they could make an entire reality show out of it.
All that and so much more.