Things were moved around several times in an attempt to keep folks safe during Hurricane Matthew, but TNA got back to business as usual yesterday (Oct. 8) at Universal Studios.
- Eddie Edwards and Eli Drake exchange words, furthering Drake’s plans to use his Bound for Gold shot “tonight”.
- After some more talking, Michael Bennett def. Moose. This was the first of four qualifiers for a match to determine the next #1 contender.
- The Tribunal turns on Al Snow, who becomes a face in the process. Mahabali Shera runs in to save Snow from Baron Dax & Basile Baraka after they hit him with a low blow, but Shera ends up getting one for his troubles.
- Ethan Carter III def. Abyss in a qualifying match
- Gail Kim calls out Jade, announcing her as the future of the Knockouts division. Decay comes out for a confrontation, and Rosemary ends up misting Kim and hitting Jade with Coast-to-Coast.
- Trevor Lee qualifies for the #1 contender 4Way by def. Spud & DJ Z in Triple Threat.
- Lashley def. Grado & Robbie E to qualify for the #1 contender 4Way
- Eddie Edwards def. Eli Drake to retain the TNA World title.
- Afterwards, Edwards is attacked by DCC (which stands for Death Count Council). They reveal themselves as James Storm, Bram & Eddie Kingston.
- Laurel Van Ness & Sienna are ready for a tag match against Brandi Rhodes & an unrevealed partner. Maria sends Allie to the back, thinking she’s the mystery member of Brandi’s team. Turns out it’s Madison Rayne, and she & Rhodes def. Van Ness & Sienna.
- Mahabali Shera def. Basile Baraka. Baron Dax joins in a post-match beatdown of Shera, but Al Snow makes the save.
- The champ is out for a promo, and calls out DCC. They arrive and use the numbers game to get the better of Eddie, but Brother Nero arrives to save the day.
- EC3 def. Mike Bennett, Lashley and Trevor Lee to become the #1 Contender for the World Title. Afterwards, Drake shows up and gets Carter to put the title shot on the line in a match. If Eli wins, he’s #1 contender. If EC3 wins, Drake isn’t allowed to talk for a year.
- DCC def. Edwards & Jeff Hardy in a 2-on-3 handicap match.
- There’s a three team, single elimination match where DJ Z, Braxton Sutter & Mandews def. Spud, Abyss & Crazzy Steve and Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett & Marshe Rockett. DJ Z & Sutter are the survivors for their team.