TNA's return to the Impact Zone on the backlot of Universal Studios Orlando kicked off this past Tuesday, with a tape-delayed "live" show which looks like it was a modest critical and ratings success.
From there, they're filming a whole mess of action which will eventual be packaged together as future episodes of Impact Wrestling on POP TV, the web and international show Xplosion and stand-alone pay-per-view (PPV) specials for their One Night Only series.
What and when each match will air can be a little confusing, but here's what's happened - along with the two big news items which have occurred - so far (they're set for more tapings today, Mar. 18, and tomorrow):
- Bram defeated DJ Z (probably for Xplosion)
- Eddie Edwards defeated Crazzy Steve in a Street Fight
- Beer Money defeated the Bro-Mans to retain their tag titles
- Maria Kanellis vs. Gail Kim for the Knockouts championship doesn't happen when Maria brings out the Dollhouse for a #1 contender Triple Threat
- Jade defeats Marti Bell and Rebel to become #1 contender
- Jade defeated Marti (Xplosion)
- Bram & Eric Young defeated Bro-Mans
- Matt Hardy, Tyrus & Rockstar Spud defeated Ethan Carter III in a gauntlet match
- James Storm, Bobby Roode & EC3 defeated Hardy, Tyrus, Spud & Mike Bennett
- Drew Galloway defeated Jeff Hardy to retain the TNA World title
- Recently released NXT talents Tom La Ruffa (Sylvester Lefort) and Pierre Marceau (Marcus Loius) debuted, losing a tag match to Robbie E & Jessie Godderz
Marcus and Sylvester debuted pic.twitter.com/ihp50nuN1p— casey michael (@badboicasey) March 18, 2016
- James Storm defeated Bram
- Pepper Parks (w/ Laura Dennis/Cherry Bomb) issued an open challenge, was defeated by Bobby Roode
- Trevor Lee defeated Eddie Edwards
- Chris Melendez defeated Beauregarde
- Jeff Hardy defeated Eric Young in Six Sides of Steel
- Jeremy Borash talk show segment with Matt Hardy and his team, setting up a title match for Hardy and reminding us Tyrus still has his Bound for Gold shot
- Lashley defeated the Pope in a No DQ match
- EC3 challenges Mike Bennett
- Shane Helms and X-Division champ Trevor Lee demand Eddie Edwards join their clique. He turns them down, and tag champs Beer Money and the Decay hit the ring for a brawl.
- Jade defeated Gail Kim & Madison Rayne (w/ an assist from Maria Kanellis) to become Knockouts champ
- Drew Galloway defeated Matt Hardy to retain the TNA World title
A women's showcase PPV, One Night Only: Knockouts Knockdown:
Show opened with Maria setting up the premise (newcomers vs. roster members in a Queen of the Knockouts tournament) and introducing the "newcomers": Allysin Kay, Shelly Martinez, Deonna Purazzo, Leva Bates, Barbie Hayden, Cherry Bomb/Laura Dennis, Veda Scott, Jayme Jameson.
- Allysin Kay defeated Gail Kim by countout when Maria and Mike Bennett attacked Gail. This set-up a mixed tag between the Bennetts and Kim & a mystery partner for later.
- Rebel defeated Shelly Martinez
- Laura Dennis defeated Velvet Sky
- Jade defeated Leva Bates
- Rosemary defeated Veda Scott
- Barbie Hayden defeated Raquel
- Marti Belle defeated Jayme Jameson
- Madison Rayne defeated Deonna Purazzo
- Maria Kanellis & Mike Bennett defeated Gail Kim & DJZ
- Jade defeated Madison Rayne at the end of the Gauntlet Battle Royal to become Queen of the Knockouts 2016.
At least they're pushing Mia Yim.
Like what you see?