TNA hit Universal Studios last night (April 28, 2014) to tape television for this coming Thursday night's (May 1) episode of Impact, the fallout show from the Sacrifice pay-per-view (PPV) that took place this past Sunday night in the same location. That means spoilers are readily available.
Let's spoil the party:
- Mr. Anderson, Gunner, and Bobby Roode got together with MVP and Eric Young backstage to decide who would get the next shot at the heavyweight title. Young is a FIGHTING CHAMPION, remember, and he wants to defend his belt tonight. Anderson, Gunner, and Roode all won their matches at Sacrifice, so they lobbied to be next in line. MVP came up with the brilliant idea of what he called an "endurance challenge". A deck of cards was broke out and each wrestler chose a card. The high card gets a bye, the other two wrestle for the right to wrestle the high card holder and the winner of that gets the shot against Young at the end of the night. Roode got the high card, so Anderson vs. Gunner was booked. What a monumentally stupid way to find your next number one contender.
- Magnus was attacked by Abyss before running off.
- Bully Ray cut a promo after bringing a table to the ring that had Dixie Carter's name written on it. He talked about being hurt in his match with Roode on Sunday night and threatened to put Dixie through a table before the evening was out.
- Gunner def. Mr. Anderson despite James Storm attempting to interfere in the match. In fact, Storm cost Anderson.
- EC3 did an interview telling us he's got a match with Kurt Angle on Impact next week but before all that he's got an exhibition against Rockstar Spud. Kurt Angle showed up during said exhibition and again threatened to murder EC3.
- Bobby Roode def. Gunner to earn the title shot against Young in the main event.
- Dixie Carter was shown flanked by security guards, all there to save her from the WRATH OF BULLY. She cut a promo on him about how he turned on her at Lockdown and cost her everything. Then she claimed she made history at Sacrifice by putting Ray, the master of the table, through a table.
- Willow def. James Storm via disqualification after Storm bumped the referee. Anderson did a run-in post match and beat down Storm for costing him his match against Gunner earlier in the night.
- The Beautiful People were dressed in evening gowns and teasing the crowd with getting naked. Of course they didn't. That got them over as big heels, naturally. Gail Kim showed up to make a pun about stripping Angelina Love and Velvet Sky of everything. She chased them out of the ring and into the arms of Madison Rayne and Brittany, who tore the evening gowns off.
- Sanada & The Wolves def. BroMans in a short match. At least it was fair this time.
- Eric Young def. Bobby Roode to retain his heavyweight title in a good match.
That's the show, folks. Your thoughts?