TNA hit the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, last night (June 29, 2013) to tape a couple episodes of Impact set to air on Spike TV on July 4 and July 11, respectively. There were a couple big angles shot and a title change too. We've got complete spoilers for both shows below (via PWInsider).
Impact on July 4
- Hulk Hogan out first to reveal TJ Perkins is no longer using the Suicide gimmick, instead working as a character named "Manic." The main event will be an X Division title match pitting Austin Aries vs. Chris Sabin vs. Manic.
- AJ Styles def. Kazarian after Bad Influence did entertaining things.
- Mickie James promo on a ladder setting up the Taryn Terrell vs. Gail Kim number one contender ladder match everyone forgot about.
- Adam Ohriner was eliminated from Gut Check despite the fact that he won his match with Ryan Howe. This was absolutely the right call. The same can be said for later in the show when Howe was denied a contract to a boisterous live audience who loved the decision.
- A pre-tape aired of Aces and 8s vowing to take out Aries in the main event. Later, a pre-tape aired of Main Event Mafia saying they would make sure Aces and 8s couldn't interfere in the main event.
- Gunner and James Storm def. Bro Mans in a match that reportedly featured a finish so bad they had to do it twice.
- Jeff Hardy def. Joseph Park via disqualification after they did the gimmick where Park sees his blood and snaps. This time he took out the referee with the Black Hole Slam.
- Chris Sabin won back the X Division championship and vowed to cash it in at Destination X on July 18 for a shot at Bully Ray's heavyweight title. Said to be a very good match.
Impact on July 11
- It's announced that there will be three Joker's Wild tag team matches as part of the Bound for Glory Series. But the end gimmick sees the winners enter a Gauntlet match with 25 points on the line.
- AJ Styles & Samoa Joe def. Jeff Hardy & Joseph Park with Joe tapping Park.
- Magnus & Mr. Anderson def. Jay Bradley & Hernandez. Apparently, Anderson wouldn't tag in so Magnus essentially won this match by himself. I'm not sure if that's Magnus continuing to get a big push or Bradley and Hernandez being so low on the totem pole.
- Aces and 8s promo leads to Main Event Mafia challenging the group to a match. It gets declined, of course, but the bigger reveal is that the Mafia would later be featuring a new member.
- Kazarian & Bobby Roode def. Christopher Daniels & Austin Aries in a match that saw some dissension between Bad Influence. Daniels broke up a Kazarian pinfall attempt but would get small packaged by his partner not long after.
- Gail Kim def. Taryn Terrell in a ladder match described as "awesome." She's the new number one contender to the Knockouts title.
- Magnus def. Roode to win the Gauntlet match and earn 25 points. So, yes, he's getting that big push.
- There was another segment featuring Hogan putting over Sabin with the man himself out there. Naturally, Ray told him not to cash in at Destination X but Sabin cut what was described as a good promo saying he was the last one to kick out of the 3D. He gave up the X Division title here. Main Event Mafia hit the scene to announce that no matter what the match on July 18 won't have any interference and they have an ace up their sleeve to prove it: Rampage Jackson, the newest member of the Mafia.
Those are the two shows, Cagesiders. Thoughts?