Pro Wrestling Guerrilla brought together some of the biggest stars in independent professional wrestling over the past two nights (Mar. 22-23) from the American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA for its All Star Weekend 9 event. Thanks to the PWG crew at its @OfficialPWG twitter account and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla via its official facebook we have results for you, right here:
PWG All Star Weekend 9 -- night one results (Fri., Mar. 22):
- Singles Match: "Intrepid Traveler" Paul London def. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen, via Shooting Star Press.
- Non-Title Tag Team Match: The Young Bucks (World Tag Team Champions - Matt & Nick Jackson) retained over Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor (challengers), via Bang for your Buck on Gargano.
- Singles Match: Eddie Edwards def. Jay Lethal (as Black Machismo), via Achilles lock.
- Tag Team Match: Inner City Machine Guns (Rich Swann & Ricochet) def. AR Fox & Samuray Del Sol, via ricochet 630 Senton on Fox.
- Singles Match: Roderick Strong def. 'Trent?'(Trent Baretta), via Orange Crush Backbreaker.
- Tag Team Match: Unbreakable F'N Machines (Brain Cage & Michael Elgin) def. Future Shock (World Champion Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly), via Elgin Bomb on Kyle.
- Number One Contender Guerrilla Warfare Match: Drake Younger def. Sami Callihan. to become the No. One Contender for Night 2's Title Match, via Drakes Landing on a chair. (All of the tweets on this match described it as absolutely brutal.)
PWG All Star Weekend 9 -- night two results (Sat., Mar. 23):
* There was a last minute change to the card via Super Dragon:
"Hey friends. There will be a small change to the show tonight. I feel like 9 matches on the second night of a back to back would be overkill. I don't want a tired crowd by the main event. I was also really upset I couldn't make that Six-Man on N1 happen. So tonight you still get that Face Melting Six-Man Tag when The Unbreakable Fucking Steen Machines take on Inner City Machine Guns/AR Fox!"
- Singles Match: Jay Lethal def. Willie Mack after three top-rope elbow drops.
- Tag Team Match: Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor def. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Yuma & Johnny Goodtime) with the Hurts Donut on Yuma.
- Six Man Tag Team Match: Unbreakable F'N Steen Machines (Brian Cage/Michael Elgin/Kevin Steen) def. Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) & AR Fox, via Steen with a Package Piledriver on Fox, rolling him into Elgin, who hit a spinning Liger Bomb for the win. [Side note: post-match, Steen reportedly cut a promo saying he got a text from new WWE Developmental signee El Generico that he could not make the show, and he misses PWG. Steen also reportedly talked up the fans, thanking them for supporting PWG all weekend, and said he was pulling for Drake Younger in the main event.]
- Singles Match: TJ Perkins def. Samuray Del Sol, via his version of the GTS, he then apparently fell back and kicked his Samuray in the face before hitting a 450 Splash for the win.
- Singles Match: Kyle O'Reilly def. Sami Callihan, via Triangle Choke and elbows.
- PWG World Tag Team Championship Title Match: The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Champions) retain over DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong - Challengers), via More Bang For Your Buck on Eddie. Tweets indicate The Dojo Bros. had the match won, but hit a 450 Splash on ref Mike Knox to break up a pin.
- PWG World Championship Title Match: Adam Cole (c) retains over Drake Younger (challenger), via a hook of the tights after surviving two Drake's Landings from Younger [Side note: Post-Match Drake reportedly received a standing ovation.]
- Singles Match: "Intrepid Traveler" Paul London def. 'Trent?' (Trent Barreta), via Shooting Star Press.
PWG's latest offering was well received by those in attendance. Is it enough to get you to buy the shows when they come out on DVD? Sound off in the comments, CageSiders.