After successfully re-branding the promotion at an action-packed, news-filled Hard to Kill PPV on Saturday night (Jan. 13), TNA could have just enjoyed a relaxing Sunday in Las Vegas.
Instead, the looking to keep their momentum with a big “Snake Eyes” television taping.
Most of the matches & segments filmed Sunday at the Palms Casino Resort will air on the next few weeks of TNA’s weekly show on AXS, which we assume will still be called Impact Wrestling. Some where filmed for Xplosion — the brand’s secondary show during its first run as TNA. It’s not confirmed Xplosion will replace Before the Impact, but that seems like a safe bet.
- Rhino def. Shera
- Joe Hendry def. Rich Swann
- Jake Something def. KUSHIDA, El Hijo Del Vikingo, Trey Miguel, Laredo Kid & Mike Bailey in a six-man match
- Big free agent acquisition Nic “Dolph Ziggler” Nemeth cut a promo about his past accomplishments, and being nervous but excited to build on them outside WWE. His goal is the TNA World title. Winning it will be the best night of his life, and he looks forward to celebrating with the fans — but he knows he has to earn his title shot.
- Steve Maclin interrupts. He calls Nemeth a phony who’s had 20 years to tell his story. Now it’s his time. Their exchange ends with Maclin taking a Zig Zag.
- Xia Brookside def. Tasha Steelz
- Grizzled Young Veterans (James Drake & Zack Gibson) def. Eric Young & Frankie Kazarian. During the match, Kazarian accidentally punched EY to set-up their loss. Afterwards, Kaz turned on Young.
- Jai Vidal issued an open challenge during a promo: PCO def. Jai Vidal
- Chris Bey def. Kevin Knight. After the match, Grizzled Young Veterans laid out Bey & his ABC tag partner Ace Austin.
- Dirty Dango & Oleg Prudius def. Dante King & Damian Drake. Prudius squashed both men, while Dango was on his phone. The Dirty One did tag in for the finish.
- Jordynne Grace def. Trinity to retain the Knockouts championship. Gisele Shaw & the SHAWntourage took out Grace & Trinity post-match.
- Nic Nemeth def. Zachary Wentz. Maclin tried to get the drop on the Wanted Man after the match, but Nemeth hit him with another Zig Zag instead.
- MK Ultra (Killer Kelly & Masha Slamovich) def. Jody Threat & Dani Luna, and beat them down after the win.
- Josh Alexander def. Will Ospreay. After this one, Scott D’Amore cut an emotional promo thanking both men.
- Kazuchika Okada & Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley) def. The System (Moose, Brian Myers & Eddie Edwards) when Shelley pinned Myers.
- MCMG led the show-closing promo, with the roster’s babyfaces all coming out to celebrate the weekend and thank the fans. Okada cut a brief English promo where he said he doesn’t hate TNA, and thanked the promotion that infamously gave him a Green Hornet-inspired gimmick when New Japan sent him on excursion with them back in 2010-2011.
Sound like good reasons to keep up with TNA over the next couple Thursday nights?