Samoa Joe is one of the names that immediately comes to mind when thinking about the history of TNA and Impact Wrestling. Joe is a former world heavyweight champ, five-time X-Division champ, two-time tag team champ, TV champ, King of the Mountain winner, Super X Cup winner, along with various other accolades and accomplishments within the promotion. Impact honored Joe’s legacy with a countdown of his greatest moments in the company’s history.
5. TNA debut - TNA Slammiversary (June 19, 2005)
4. Solo tag team championship - TNA Victory Road (July 15, 2007)
3. Super X Cup - TNA Sacrifice (Aug. 14, 2005)
2. X-Division Championship - TNA Turning Point (Dec. 11, 2005)
1. TNA World Championship - TNA Lockdown (Apr. 13, 2008)
For as awesome as Samoa Joe was in TNA, it is surprising that he only had one world title reign. Joe held the gold for 182 days before losing it to Sting. Pro Wrestling Illustrated named Joe the Most Popular Wrestler in 2006. He was ranked #4 in the PWI Top 500 for 2006 and 2008. During that period, TNA had Jeff Jarrett, Christian Cage, Sting, Abyss, and Kurt Angle as their top champions.
When you are finished enjoying Joe’s triumphs in Impact, check out his most badass moments in WWE.
Do you agree with Impact’s list celebrating the accomplishments of Samoa Joe? Do you think he deserved more than one world title reign?