Valentine’s Day is a day of love. Well, it is supposed to be, but not with Impact’s latest top 5 video. They counted down the most brutal breakups in the company’s history. The prime highlight is Bully Ray exposing his sham marriage to Brooke Hogan to reveal himself as a member of Aces & Eights.
5. Chelsea turns on Desmond Wolfe - TNA Slammiversary (June 13, 2010)
4. Jay Lethal betrayed by SoCal Val - TNA No Surrender (Sep. 14, 2008)
3. Karen leaves Kurt Angle - TNA Impact! (Aug. 2, 2007)
2. Bully Ray’s epic deception - TNA Lockdown (Mar. 10, 2013)
1. Braxton confesses his love for Allie - Impact Wrestling (Feb. 23, 2017)
Most of these don’t really pop a reaction without knowing the full story leading up to the split, but Bully Ray’s deception stands on its own. It was equal parts hilarious and despicable to entrench Bully as a top-notch villain. Watching him insult Brooke and Hulk Hogan oozes scumbaggery. Nothing like manipulating a cherished legend into handing off his daughter’s hand in marriage as part of a long con to get the blood boiling. Bully having no remorse to let Brooke cry is pure evil. Add in the salacious double meaning of screw and sports entertainment magic was created.
If you are in the mood for a wedding, enjoy the nuptials between Bully Ray and Brooke back when we thought love was in the air. As all wrestling weddings tend to do, it erupted into chaos.
Let’s hope your Valentine’s Day fares better than these busted relationships in Impact lore.
Do you agree with Impact’s list for most brutal breakups? Which of those moments moved you most emotionally?