There was much rejoicing last weekend when it was announced the Aussies formerly known as The IIconics were finally returning to wrestling for the first time since being released by WWE back after WrestleMania 37. Now calling themselves The IInspiration, Cassie Lee (fka Peyton Royce) and Jessie McKay (Billie Kay) will make their Impact Wrestling debut at the company’s Bound For Glory PPV next Sat., Oct. 23.
To add to the excitement for the duo, Impact’s upped the ante for their first appearance. The IInspiration is getting a shot at the Knockouts Tag titles right out of the gate.
BREAKING: @FearHavok and @WeAreRosemary will defend the Knockouts Tag Team Titles against @CassieLee and @JessicaMcKay at #BoundForGlory on October 23rd at @samstownlv in Las Vegas!— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) October 13, 2021
Get your tickets HERE: https://t.co/IQZ1hLYRFZ pic.twitter.com/a8QZV6tCNh
It’s a bit of a curious call. Unlike WWE, Impact has other women’s teams. One of them, the like named Influence (Tenille Dashwood & Madison Rayne), just failed to dethrone Decay (Rosemary & Havok) at last weekend’s Knockouts Knockdown special, but will probably be calling for a rematch because... heels.
What’s more, seeing Cassie & Jessica wrestle isn’t the first thing fans have been clamoring for. They’re always been a character-first, workrate-second kind of act. Debuting them in the ring is fine, but they better get some mic time and backstage segments, too.
We’ll see how they play it next Saturday. Here’s an updated look at the Bound For Glory card:
- Christian Cage (c) vs. Josh Alexander for the Impact World championship
- Mickie James vs. Deonna Purrazzo (c) for the Knockouts title
- Trey Miguel vs. Steve Maclin vs. TBD for the X-Division championship
- Decay (c) vs. The IInspiration for the Knockouts Tag Team titles
- Rich Swann vs. Brian Myers vs. Moose vs. W. Morrissey vs. TBD in the Call Your Shot Gauntlet for a title shot contract they can use anytime in the next year
- Crazzy Steve vs. John Skyler vs. Fallah Bahh vs. Jordynne Grace vs. TBD vs. TBD for the Impact Digital Media title