Impact’s Hard to Kill PPV, happening tomorrow night (Sat., Jan. 16) in Nashville, is anchored by a six-man tag featuring AEW World champion Kenny Omega and his promotion-hopping Good Brothers, Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows.
The trio was set to face Impact World champ Rich Swann & Motor City Machine Guns, but the company announced this morning that MCMG’s Alex Shelley won’t be able to make the show “due to unavoidable circumstances”. Taking his place?
Impact’s press release about the change does provide storyline cover for the why the two bitter rivals would join forces, with Executive Vice-President Scott D’Amore saying:
“Hard to Kill is a huge event for Impact Wrestling and a historic one for professional wrestling in general. Impact Wrestling needs to put our best foot forward. Moose fits that bill. He is a physical specimen, a five-tool athlete, and has proven himself to be a world-class professional wrestler. Kenny Omega and The Good Brothers will have their hands even more full now when they step into the ring with Impact World Champion Rich Swann, IMPACT Original Chris Sabin, and the TNA World Heavyweight Champion Moose.”
And Moose chiming in:
“I played alongside plenty of guys I didn’t like in football.”
While this messes with the match-up of two world champs and two iconic tag teams, it does provide an easy way to explain a win for the former Bullet Club members.
Here’s the updated line-up for Hard to Kill:
- Kenny Omega, Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows vs Rich Swann, Moose & Chris Sabin
- Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs Taya Valkyrie for the Knockouts championship
- Manik (c) vs Rohit Raju vs Chris Bey for the X-Division title
- Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz vs Havok & Nevaeh for the Knockouts Tag Team championship
- Eddie Edwards vs Sami Callihan in Barbed Wire Massacre
- Ethan Page vs Karate Man
- Rosemary & Crazzy Steve vs. Tenille Dashwood & Kaleb
- Tommy Dreamer, Rhino, & Cousin Jake vs Eric Young, Joe Doering, & Cody Deaner in an Old School Rules match
- Josh Alexander vs. Brian Myers (pre-show)