Impact is celebrating the 5 most shocking championship thefts. This list is most likely inspired by EC3 threatening to destroy Moose’s TNA Heavyweight Championship last Tuesday on Impact Wrestling. Moose has a limited amount of time to track down EC3 to reclaim what is his or else EC3 will send the title back piece by piece.
On to the top 5...
5. AJ Styles mugs Booker T - TNA Against All Odds (Feb. 8, 2009)
4. Samoa Joe jacks Jeff Jarrett - TNA No Surrender (Sep. 24, 2006)
3. Booker T absconds with Joe’s belt - TNA Victory Road (July 13, 2008)
2. EC3 manhandles Moose - Impact Wrestling: Emergence (Aug. 18, 2020)
1. OGz beat down LAX - Slammiversary (July 22, 2018)
There were two moments that I really enjoyed in that countdown. First was Samoa Joe flipping the bird to Sting.
Few in professional wrestling history are a better badass than Joe. The middle finger was disrespectful enough, but then Joe turned his back to Sting. As Jake Roberts once said, “A wise man once told me to never ever turn your back on somebody you respect or that you are afraid of.” In a sense, Joe was right. The cowardly Sting had to use a bat to take him down.
The other moment was Konnan getting rowdy for a confrontation with Eddie Kingston. Konnan doesn’t get physical very often these days, and yet he is still a master at the showdown situation. Every single time he does that, the juice gets pumping. It usually only results in brief contact, but it is always electric. I fall for it every time, and I don’t care.
Do you agree with Impact’s list for most shocking championship thefts? Which moments are missing?