Impact Wrestling announced the date for their next PPV. Bound for Glory is scheduled for October 24. They chose to promote the event by having Eric Young clone himself multiple times.
“I thought I was a product of my circumstances, so I became a product of my decisions. If we’re going to start a revolution, it’s going to take all of us. This world doesn’t belong to them. It belongs to us.”
That is a slick and intriguing vignette, but I’m not sure how it plays into current storylines. Young is a world class maniac, however, there has yet to be evidence of “us” with multiple personalities. I’ll choose to believe he cloned himself until I discover otherwise. A world with various Eric Youngs feels right for 2020.
There are 8 episodes of TV after next week’s second night of Emergence with the 30-minute ironman match between Deonna Purrazzo and Jordynne Grace for the Knockouts Championship and Eddie Edwards defending the Impact World Championship in an open challenge. It is too early to know for sure which matches Impact has planned, but here are some logical guesses:
- Eric Young vs Eddie Edwards or Rich Swann. EY has his eyes on the World Championship and has been pestering Edwards. Young also has beef with Rich Swann after sending him into retirement with an injury then attacking again after the retirement announcement. It is possible that Young wins the belt from Edwards in next week’s open challenge. If that is the case, then Swann could be fighting for the gold. If not, then Edwards could be defending against Young or someone else at Bound for Glory. Heck, maybe EY has both matches at the PPV to match his different appearances in the trailer.
- Knockouts Championship: Deonna Purrazzo or Jordynne Grace vs Kylie Rae. The winner of the ironman match should face the official #1 contender.
- TNA Heavyweight Championship: Moose vs EC3. Moose crowned himself champ, and EC3 is interested in destroying the belt to free himself from the past. EC3 has attacked Moose twice and also stole the title.
- Tag Team Championship: Motor City Machine Guns have beaten The North twice. Time for a new challenge. Impact has a bunch of tag teams to put on good matches, but the biggest bout would be against Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows.
- X-Division Championship: Rohit Raju crossed Chris Bey to become champ. Rohit has been a jobber, so who knows how long he will carry the strap. The title bout could have two completely different wrestlers by the time Bound for Glory rolls around.
- Rosemary vs Taya. These ladies have been vying for the attentions of peon John E. Bravo. Rosemary wants him as a sacrificial loverman, while Taya would be intent on keeping him as her servant. That story could become combustible leading to a John E. Bravo-on-a-pole match.
- Women’s tag team titles? Impact has been pairing Knockouts together, and they have also mentioned the history of the retired belts during broadcasts. Bringing the women’s tag titles back would be a worthy for a PPV. If it does happen, I’d put money on Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz winning.
What does your preferred card look like for Bound for Glory? What theories do you have about Eric Young in the trailer?