Impact is introducing a new event for TV called Emergence. The two-night special begins next week (Aug. 18 & Aug. 25) and will feature five title fights. The headlining bout is a first for the Knockouts division as Deonna Purrazzo will wrestle Jordynne Grace in a 30-minute iron man match.
Here is the full card so far:
Emergence - Night 1 (Aug. 18):
- Kylie Rae vs Taya
- TNA Heavyweight Championship: Moose (c) vs Trey Miguel
- X-Division Championship: Chris Bey (c) vs TJP vs Rohit Raju
- Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs Ace Austin & Madman Fulton
- Tag Team Championship: Motor City Machine Guns (c) vs The North
Emergence - Night 2 (Aug. 25):
- World Championship: Eddie Edwards (c) open challenge
- Knockouts Championship: Deonna Purrazzo (c) vs Jordynne Grace in a 30-minute iron man match
Those two nights are stacked with quality action. Even though MCMG vs The North should tear the house down on night 1, Purrazzo versus Grace is the right call to main event. Their first clash at Slammiversary was arguably the show-stealer. Purrazzo utilized a smart strategy to break down the hossette via submissions. It will be interesting to see how the iron man match plays out. There is a lot of room for storytelling. There could be quick power pins by Grace, there could be quick submissions by Purrazzo if Grace prefers to save her limbs, or maybe it goes the distance with no score.
As for who will answer Eddie Edwards’ open challenge, Eric Young seems like a sensible candidate. Young wants to do it on his timeline though, so maybe it gets pushed back until the next PPV.
Night 2 needs to be filled out some more. Perhaps a man with kids who purchased a 30-second commercial spot on Impact Wrestling can get booked. I’m talking about Heath.
Will you be tuning in to Emergence next Tuesday at 8 pm ET on AXS? Which match are you most looking forward to?