Impact wrapped a couple nights of taping in Canada on Saturday (June 2), as one of the changes being implemented by the new regime of Don Callis and Scott D’Amore is filming fewer episodes and shortening the time between shooting and airing.
Which doesn’t mean it wasn’t an eventful evening in Windsor, Ontario. Here’s what happened, per a live report from Himanshu D sent to several websites.
You can also check out the results from night one here.
Filmed June 2:
- Matt Sydal vs. Dezmond Xavier included run-ins from Kongo Kong and Brian Cage. Kong got the best of things to end the segment.
- Fenix and Rich Swann have what’s described as an “AMAZING” match (the report is bigger on match reviews than match results). The Crists attack Fenix in the aftermath, but Pentagon Jr. makes the save, only to join in the attack and reveal himself as Sami Callihan in Pentagon’s mask. The real Penta comes out and he, Fenix and Swann end the segment by chasing off oVe.
- That set-up a six-man tag, won by oVe when Callihan pinned Swann.
- Cage and Kong had “an insane match” which included Cage superplexing Kongo at one point. It’s also noted here the crowd was hot all night.
- Allie had a match with the debuting Shotzi Blackheart. Tessa Blanchard interfered. That set up Tessa and Shotzi vs. Allie and Kiera Hogan. The faces won after Blanchard walked out on her partner.
- LAX arrive, with Konnan and Eddie Kingston now calling himself “King”. Konnan accuses King of putting the hit on him, and King admits it. Ortiz and Santana side with the legend and attack King, but Homicide and a returning Hernandez show up to take out Konnan, Ortiz and Santana.
- Homicide and Hernandez (calling themselves “OGz”) def. a couple local enhancement types. King was out with them.
- Joe Henry got a promo and showed a comedy video, then Eli Drake attacked him. Hendry, who was out with Katarina and Grado, won the subsequent match with a roll-up. Afterwards, Hendry and Katarina celebrated and danced together while Grado was left out.
- Dark match ending saw Moose and A1 def. Austin Aries and Phil Atlas. Moose brought out Grado for a birthday celebration, and the Brit’s “Like A Prayer” entrance was a big hit to close the night for live fans.
Happy Birthday Grado!!! https://t.co/eAltHWVSFX— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) June 3, 2018