Impact is taping their next batch of episodes in Canada this weekend, so there are even less folks tweeting out results from Windsor, Ontario than there would be from Orlando. In fact, one reports says there were only about 250 people in attendance for the Friday night show.
Definitely take these with the usual grain of salt, is all I’m saying. These results are compiled from a variety of live reports - including PWInsider and NoDQ - which are subject to a couple levels of interpretation, and final production of the material for airing on television usually changes context, so...
Filmed June 1:
- Gama Singh got a promo before the first match putting over India as #1 in everything. He distracted the referee to allow Desi Hit Squad to pick up a roll-up win over Z & E after Andrew Everett hit a moonsault.
- Rich Swann debuted, defeated Trevor Lee. Reportedly a really good match.
- Retired (I think?) NFL running back D’Angelo Williams had a sitdown interview. He got rave reviews for his work last year at Slammiversary, which he said was a one-time deal, but this made him sound like a new regular. Austin Aries interrupted him and he got chair beatdown. You can see a pic of the Williams/Aries confrontation here.
- Eli Drake def. Grado
- Eddie Edwards cut off an Andrew Everett vs. Dezmond Xavier Match before it could start, swinging a kendo stick and calling out Tommy Dreamer.
- Madison Rayne was out for a promo, but was cut off by Tessa Blanchard. Rayne was distracted when Su Yung’s screams played over the loud speaker, and Tessa laid her out.
- That was followed by Madison beating Blanchard in a match, which was followed by Tessa standing tall after a post-match beatdown.
- There was also a tag match pitting Rayne and Allie against Su and a bridesmaid. Blanchard ran in on that, too, attacking Madison after a ref bump. Allie chased her off, and the faces picked up the win by pinning the bridesmaid. These will presumably not all air on the same episode.
- Sami Callihan and oVe destroy local wrestler Sam Osborne, putting Pentagon’s mask on him at one point and taunting him in a segment described as more promo than match.
- Austin Aries and Canadian wrestler Aiden Prince had a good match which might have been just for the crowd, or possibly a Twitch or One Night Only special. Prince chased off Aries.
- Kongo Kong and Matt Sydal also picked up wins over local talent.
- Dezmond Xavier def. Phil Atlas