We’re a little late on this, but I’m a completist and there were big happenings at the last day of Impact Wrestling’s shows in Mumbai, India. These are the last episodes that will air before their next pay-per-view (PPV).
Will it produce good television, and help them sell the Slammiversary event coming up on July 2 in Orlando?
This live report from the second day of taping, sent to a number of sites by Himanshu D, should start to give us an idea.
Filmed Wednesday, May 31:
- Picking up where they left off on day one in India, a Sonjay Dutt championship celebration kicks off the show. He enters with Mahabali Shera and a bunch of dancers (sound familiar?), puts over how meaningful it was to win the X-Division title in India and promises to be the best champ in the history of the division. Low Ki comes out and congratulates him, but wants his rematch. Dutt agrees to set up a two-out-of-three falls title match for Slammiversary. They shake on it, but Ki attacks. He takes out Shera, but before he can hit the stomp on the champ, Matt Sydal runs in for the save.
- Swoggle chases Spud through the crowd. Spud tells him to kiss his ass before escaping.
- Laurel Van Ness & Sienna def. Allie & Rosemary via pinfall (Sienna on Rosemary following a curb stomp from LVN while Allie was distracted; Braxton Sutter & KM also battled ringside during this one, which played up the weird partnership and mistrust between Allie and the Knockouts champ)
- Mahabali Shera def. KM via pinfall following Sky High. Shera was playing up injuries from the first segment, and brushed off doctors telling him not to compete. Kongo Kong appears post-match and he & KM beat down Shera, who has to be helped to the back.
- A Sony Six X-Division Invitational elimination match is won by Matt Sydal. Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards, Suicide, Braxton Sutter & Trevor Lee also competed, Eddie & Davey were disqualified for attacking each other with steel chairs.
- Eli Drake & Chris Adonis are out for a segment to run down Moose and set-up their PPV match. Moose reveals his partner will be currently unsigned NFL running back DeAngelo Williams. Williams isn’t there, of course, so Moose gets beat up.
- Sydal is presented with a trophy by the Sony Network CEO, Bruce Prichard & Scott D’Amore.
- James Storm & Alberto El Patron def. Lashley & Ethan Carter III via disqualification after EC3 whips referee Brian Stifler with a belt. The heels are eventually run off and Alberto celebrates in the crowd with his GFW title and Lashley’s TNA one.
- Matt Sydal & Sonjay Dutt def. Trevor Lee & Low Ki via pinfall following a Sydal Shooting Star Press.
- Contract signings are shot for the following Slammiversary matches:
- Rosemary vs. Sienna
- Mixed Tag Full Metal Mayhem with Eddie & Alisha Edwards against Davey Richards & Angelina Love
- James Storm vs. EC3
- Lashley vs. Alberto El Patron
- Each includes the usual jawing, but the last one breaks out into a brawl and sets up a Team Lashley (Richards, EC3 & Kong) vs. Team El Patron (Edwards, Storm & Shera) match for later.
- Eli Drake & Chris Adonis def. Mumbai Cats via pinfall after Drake hits Gravy Train
- Braxton Sutter, Allie & Rosemary def. KM, Laurel Van Ness & Sienna via pinfall (Rosemary on Sienna) following Red Wedding (she also misted LVN); afterwards, the Rosemary pats Allie & Braxton on the head before leaving
- Alberto El Patron, James Storm, Eddie Edwards & Mahabali Shera def. Kongo Kong, Davey Richards, EC3 & Lashley via pinfall (Alberto on Kong following a double foot stomp). Shera was out first and caught a beating, doctors took him away and he ran in saved the day mid-match and helped set-up the finish)
- Swoggle def. Spud in Mumbai Street Fight which featured trash cans, street signs and ends on a table spot. Spud also reveals he pulled Swoggle’s pants down (the feud-inciting incident) on purpose.
Sounds like Sony and Anthem officials really liked the crowds, so Impact might be back before too long.
Until then, what do you think of the Slammiversary line-up?
H/T: Wrestling Inc, 411Mania