Impact Wrestling started their latest week of tapings on Monday in Ottawa’s Aberdeen Pavillion with the build from this past Sunday (Nov. 5)’s Bound For Glory pay-per-view (PPV).
These results are compiled from a variety of live reports, which are subject to a couple levels of interpretation, and final production of the material for airing on television usually changes context, so...
Take these with a grain of salt, is all I’m saying. Still the big matches, winners/losers and story beats are here.
Filmed Monday, Nov. 6 for probable broadcast Nov. 9 and 16:
- Taijaro def. Phil Atlas (Xplosion match)
- Eli Drake and Chris Adonis have an in-ring talking segment. Adonis is hyping the champ, who is bullying production staff and claiming he has the night off because there’s no one left to challenge him. Petey Williams answers the call while Drake is running down Canada, and Eli says he might give him a shot next week. They get physical, but Adonis saves the champ from a Canadian Destroyer. Jeremy Borash announces the match will happen later.
- Backstage scene with Johnny Impact looking for Alberto El Patron.
- Matt Sydal def. Sonjay Dutt via pinfall following a Shooting Star Press. Jimmy Jacobs was on commentary for this, and EC3 showed after the match to taunt Sydal for not being able to win the big one.
- Eddie Edwards def. El Hijo del Fantasma via pinfall following Die Hard to retain the GHC championship. A Pro Wrestling NOAH rep was there for the match, and the two wrestlers shook hands afterwards.
- Sami Callihan and oVe win a six-man tag over enhancement talent. LAX (Konnan, Ortiz and Santana) attacks afterwards; Homicide enters from the other side. Callihan almost takes a Gringo Killer, but is pulled to safety by the Crists.
- A McKenzie Mitchell interview with Global Forged winner Hakim Zane is rudely interrupted by Impact, who throws him aside to demand El Patron come face him. This leads to a huge brawl around the building which got high marks from most reports for Johnny’s parkour skills and general athleticism. Around some likely edits, they end up exchanging words in the ring, with Alberto bad mouthing the company and both men insulting one another’s families. Another fight ends with El Patron having Impact in a rope-assisted cross armbreaker. Officials separate them to end the scene.
- Gail Kim relinquished the Knockouts title in a speech described by those in attendance as a farewell. She encouraged the women to follow their dreams, and put over names from her past like Trish Stratus and Awesome Kong.
- American Top Team owner Dan Lambert has a promo to rundown Canada and demand Bobby Lashley’s release from Impact. Moose is out to put a stop to that, which prompts Lashley, King Mo and other ATT members to jump him. James Storm and a beer bottle came to his rescue.
- Sonjay Dutt, Garza Jr. and Dezmond Xavier def. Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett and Taiji Ishimori; Lee and Everett had trouble working with Ishimori, which played into the result.
- EC3 def. Fallah Bahh to retain his Grand Championship, 2 - 1
- LAX (Homicide, Ortiz and Santana) def. Sami Callihan and oVe
- Eli Drake def. Petey Williams to retain the Impact World title; crowd was said to be really hot for the match. There was a good near-fall off The Canadian Destroyer, but a second attempt at the move was countered into Gravy Train by the champ.
- Alberto El Patron def. James Storm via pinfall following the rope-hung double stomp (taped for a One Night Only PPV special)
H/T: Wrestling Inc, PWInsider