Hi! If you're new to Cageside Seats, welcome to the best wrestling community in the galaxy. You could have chosen many other wrestling communities (and you probably have), but you picked this one, and we appreciate that. I think it's time you and I get to know each other a little better. I mean, since you're gonna be here for a while, I hope.
For the next week, I will drop a wrestling-related query and you answer. It’s that easy. No right or wrong answer, and best of all, you might actually make a friend or three. Also, respect the answers of others, even if you disagree. Cool? Cool.
There’s a saying in the entertainment business that you should never meet your heroes, for they’ll ultimately disappoint you. Could it be true in wrestling? I doubt it, and your mileage may vary, but I’m curious anyway.
Tell us about a personal experience where you saw or met a wrestler away from the ring.
You’re free to keep the wrestler’s name(s) anonymous if you wish, especially if the experience wasn’t a pleasant one.
I don’t have too many to speak of to be honest. Only two I can actually recall. The first was in late 1997 in one of those first-day ticket sale things for a WCW Monday Nitro. I didn’t get in line for the tickets. I got in line to get autographs from two of the Nitro Girls. Couldn’t be any nicer, even as I fumbled with the camera (for those curious, Chae and Fyre were the two I met).
My more recent experience was in 2011 when a group of wrestlers from Ring of Honor stopped by the Royal Farms across the street from where I worked (they were doing a show in Baltimore that night). I saw Kevin Steen (the future Kevin Owens) and a few others I can’t remember offhand, but I talked a bit with Jay Lethal. Wish I had the picture to prove it. Cool guy.
Tell us about a time you met a wrestler away from the ring.
We’re coming down to the end, kids. Here are the first 29 we did. If you’re new to cSs, please read the Prelude post.
- Why do you like wrestling
- Your favorite Wrestlemania moment
- Your favorite male wrestler right now
- Your favorite female wrestler right now
- Your favorite male wrestler ever
- Your favorite female wrestler ever
- Your favorite promo package
- What would your custom wrestling T-shirt say?
- One wrestler you do not want to be in a locked room with
- What wrestler would you want to be for a day?
- Your favorite thing in wrestling right now
- Your wrestling catchphrase
- If you could bring back one dead wrestler...
- Your favorite wrestling video game
- Your favorite tag team right now
- Your favorite tag team ever
- Your favorite era in wrestling
- Your wrestling patronus
- Your favorite wrestling promo
- One current wrestler you’re totally over
- The most famous wrestler born on your birthday
- Your favorite signature move
- Your funniest wrestling moment
- One lower-carder to push as a one-off main eventer
- Your dream Table for 3
- Your favorite wrestling event
- What bothers you most in wrestling right now?
- Has the Internet affected your wrestling enjoyment?
- Your dream match