If you haven't heard, kids, there's a new wrestling video game coming out in about a month. It does boast the largest playable roster ever, new gameplay, and the Terminator, but not the Four Horsewomen. Because reasons, I guess. Nonetheless, a lot of people are still going to buy the game because... how else are you gonna get your pro wrestling gaming fix?
Wait... don't answer that.
Anyway, there have been A LOT of wrestling games that have come out over the last thirty years (I did a whole series on it last year, and you should check it out already)...LINKY LINK ALERT!
But what is the greatest wrestling video game of all time?
We're leaving that to you for this week's Cageside Countdown. As with all other Cageside Countdowns, there are rules.
- In order for a game to qualify, the game must center around wrestling. It must be the main mechanic and focus of the game. It just can't be a game starring a wrestler, so sorry, John Cena's Fast Lane, you're disqualified.
- Second, the game must already be released, so no, you cannot nominate WWE 2K16 or 5 Star Wrestling: Regenesis or that New Japan game that's been in the works for a while.
- If it can pass those smell tests, feel free to do the following: in the subject box (that's the skinny one), write Nominate - your best wrestling game ever here. Optional, in the comment box (that's the bigger one), write something about the game. Maybe your experiences with it or what makes the game the best ever, or maybe even a video of it if it's a more obscure title. A description will most certainly be helpful for more obscure titles. Do not assume everybody knows what you're talking about. By the way, arcade, console, computer, and portable titles are all eligible for the list.
- See a game you like? Give it a rec; that's how the countdown is made. Ties are broken by earliest nominations, so if you want your game to make it, best you nominate as soon as possible.
- Also, only nominate a game once. Only the recs with the first nomination count. To avoid duplicate nominating, use CTRL-F or CMD-F to make sure your game of choice hasn't been nominated already.
Nominations close two days from date and time of post, with the countdown to go up this Friday. Game on!