Every now and again here at Cageside Seats, I like to peel the curtain back for those who enjoy the "backstage" goings on, so to speak, here at the site. And while I cannot reveal to you exactly how Sean and I interact via e-mail -- trust that pet names are used frequently -- there are a few things I can let you peak in on. And what better time to do that than late at night when none of us are up to any good anyway?
For those who visit the Daily Open Thread -- and I encourage all of you reading this to head over there, sign up as a member if you haven't already, and participate in the wild and wacky discussion -- there was a question recently regarding whether or not Seth Rollins turning on The Shield resulted in a big traffic day.
Answer: It did.
Actually, our coverage of The Shield breakup resulted in one of our biggest traffic days ever, rivaled only by major event days like the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania. What's more, the post about Rollins turning, featuring me losing my mind over it, surpassed almost all of our coverage of CM Punk leaving WWE earlier this year.
Shockingly enough, however, another recent post did even better.
Detailed numbers will not be given out but here's an updated list of the top 10 stories (based on page views) so far this year on the site:
1. WWE breaks silence on CM Punk, claim he's not released
2. Brie Bella removed from WWE roster
3. Seth Rollins turns on Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose
4. CM Punk gone from WWE after telling Vince McMahon he was going home
5. CM Punk on WWE retirement: It feels good
6. Why is WWE giving AJ Lee the CM Punk treatment?
7. WWE wrestlers feel the McMahon's are stealing from their pockets to fund the Network
8. CM Punk walks out on WWE: More reasons for his departure
9. Steve Austin predicts CM Punk will return at WrestleMania 30
10. Brie Bella admits girl crush on Stephanie McMahon
To all those wondering in The Daily, there's your answer.
If you have any other questions about goings on here at the site that we might be able to answer in a late night post, feel free to leave it in the comments and perhaps we'll address it.
And, again, sign up and go hang out in The Daily. It's a fun place to be.