Upon further review, I've decided to split the difference and do this on a bi-weekly basis and after all PPVs/special events/events of great significance (I think that covers all the bases, yes?).
Remember that feeling you were experiencing post-Wrestlemania XXX? That new season euphoria you get during the first few days of the baseball season? That feeling you get when even for a moment, your team's in playoff contention? Then the team plays. And that's when it comes to fruition: they're not as good as you thought they were.
For me, that's where WWE is right now. It's been in a dragging pattern since the night Daniel Bryan posed with Hulk Hogan, and it may take a miracle to get it out of the muck before Backlash: Extreme Rules: One Night Stand: The PPV: The Special Event goes down on Cuatro de Mayo.
Before we get your thoughts on confidence in recent events, let's look back at... some recent events beginning with the most recent events and working backwards.
- SPOILER: On the next Smackdown, the Shield come for EVERYBODY.
- Hulk Hogan's going to Japan this summer.
- SPOILER: Paige will be relieved of her NXT Womens Championship.
- Citing a lack of compensation, Mick Foley will not renew his Legends' deal.
- This happened.
- WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan is expected to return to RAW this coming Monday following the death of his father just after returning from his honeymoon.
- The April 21 RAW was the lowest rated in months. The third hour was the least-watched since the Christmas show.
- VenEMMA, everybody. At least EMMA! is still hot. The woman, not the snake.
- Did you know that Paul Heyman's client Brock Lesnar conquered the Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania?
- Former Divas Champion AJ Lee may be back next month. Maybe.
- I'd recap the RAW I'd went to, but this will suffice. Don't worry, outside of Heyman speaking of Brock, you didn't miss much.
- Batista is not advertised post-Extreme Rules. Good. Or bad, depending on how you look at his work in recent months.