Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at its 10 pm ET regular start time on TNT.
The Feb. 9 edition of Rampage comes our way on tape from Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Advertised for tonight: The Young Bucks are in action for their first match of 2024, where they will presumably have a new presentation for their corporate heel gimmick.
Also on the card: Best Friends vs. Undisputed Kingdom, Willow Nightingale & Kris Statlander vs. Saraya & Ruby Soho, Mistico vs. Matt Sydal, and more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR FEB. 9
- Rampage kicks off with entrances for a trios match of Best Friends (Orange Cassidy, Trent Beretta & Rocky Romero) vs. Undisputed Kingdom (Matt Taven, Roderick Strong & Mike Bennett).
- Undisputed Kingdom defeats Best Friends. A brawl erupts during The Kingdom’s entrance. Cassidy uses his hand-in-the-pockets technique to send Roddy running and get the better of Taven and Bennett. The referee gets everyone under control and rings the bell to officially start the match. The match quickly breaks down into everyone running in one at a to hit a big move, only for the next man in to take that person out. Bennett hits the dick punch on Cassidy, and Taven follows up with the spike piledriver. The Kingdom hit a tandem zig-zag type maneuver on Trent inside the ring. Romero dives through the ropes to wipe them out, then hits sliced bread on Taven inside the ring. Roddy blindsides Romero with a running knee and then nails his finisher. The Kingdom jump on top for the pin fall win.
- After the match is over, Undisputed Kingdom set up chairs inside the ring, which Strong uses to destroy Romero once again with his finisher. The heels run off as Cassidy gets back in the ring a little too late.
- The Young Bucks have new entrance music. Nicholas and Matthew Jackson walk out wearing their same blood-stained white suits from Dynamite.
- Young Bucks defeat Robbie Lit & Mondo Rox. Matthew stomps Lit in the corner and lariats him down to the mat. Nicholas hits a blockbuster while still wearing his suit and hat. Nicholas kicks the jobber in the balls when the referee is distracted by Matthew. The Bucks hit the EVP Trigger for the pin fall win in a squash.
- The Bucks grab a mic and shit on the fans after the match, ordering them to stop disrespecting the EVPs by using their improper names. Their objective is to win back the AEW world tag team titles. They won’t abuse their powers as EVP to earn that title match. They will work their way to the top of the rankings with competitive matches like the one you just watched. Nicholas and Matthew Jackson will be in action again next week on Dynamite against Top Flight.
- Mistico defeats Matt Sydal. Mistico dives through the ropes like a torpedo, taking Sydal out on the floor below. Sydal comes back with the bow and arrow inside the ring heading into the commercial break. Sydal gets his boots up on Mistico’s moonsault, but Mistico quickly reacts and hits Sydal with a powerslam. The CMLL star follows up with a Spanish Fly from up top for the pin fall win. Esfinge and Star Jr. are at ringside and taunt Daddy Magic at the commentary table as Mistico celebrates his victory.
- Brian Cage and Prince Nana are backstage and cut a promo on HOOK. Cage is not impressed by HOOK beating two guys last week on Collision. He can do it better than HOOK, and we’ll see it romorrow on Collision when he beats two men at the same time.
- Willow Nightingale & Kris Statlander defeat Saraya & Ruby Soho. Ruby is reading a note on a piece of paper from her pocket during her ring entrance. Willow outwrestles Ruby in the early going on the mat grappling and then with a fisherman’s suplex. Ruby distracts the ref so that Harley Cameron and Saraya can dump Willow off the turnbuckle and plummeting to the canvas heading into the commercial break. Statlander is running wild on Soho after the commercial break. Ruby finally stuns her with a knee and tags in Saraya. The match breaks down with all four women going at it in the ring. Saraya accidentally clobbers Ruby. Statlander with a roundhouse kick and Blue Thunder Bomb on Saraya for a near fall. Saraya dodges a running knee and dives for the tag to Ruby, but Ruby jumps off the apron at the last second! She takes out Cameron and walks back up the ramp. Saraya is shocked at Ruby’s actions. The babyfaces have Saraya all to themselves in the ring and put her away for the win.
- Stokely Hathaway actually accepts a handshake from Willow after the match, and she lifts him in the air for a crushing hug. Skye Blue shows up outside the ring and waves at the babyfaces, who dare her to come into the ring. The lights go out, and when they come back on Julia Hart is alongside Blue. Julia holds up her TBS championship. The lights go out, and the heels disappear. The babyfaces continue to celebrate in the ring as Rampage goes off the air.