Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at its 10 pm ET regular start time on TNT.
The Jan. 5 edition of Rampage comes our way on tape from Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Advertised for tonight: Wheeler Yuta defends the ROH Pure championship against Komander.
Also on the card: The Hardys Boys & Mark Briscoe in trios competition against Kip Sabian and The Butcher & The Blade, Hikaru Shida vs. Anna Jay, Willow Nightingale & Kris Statlander in action, and more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR JAN. 5
- Mark Briscoe & The Hardys defeat The Blade, Kip Sabian & The Butcher in a trios match. Briscoe makes the hot tag to Jeff Hardy late in the match. Jeff runs wild on Kip Sabian, including a diving splash from the middle buckle for a two count. Matt tags in, leading to The Hardys tandem offense on Sabian and Butcher. Blade comes from behind with a DDT on Matt. Sabian accidentally dropkicks Butcher and Blade. Matt hits Kip with Twist of Fate. Jeff goes for the Swanton Bomb on Kip. Briscoe follows up with the elbow drop from the top rope for the three count. The commentators say The Acclaimed and Daddy Ass better be paying attention to Briscoe and The Hardys in the trios division.
- Renee Paquette interviews Le Sex Gods backstage. Sammy Guevara is booked in a match against Ricky Starks next week on Dynamite. Guevara cuts a promo on Ricky, while Jericho vows to chop Big Bill down with his baseball bat if he gets involved.
- Renee Paquette interviews Anna Jay, Daddy Magic, Angelo Parker & Jake Hager backstage. Anna says she needs to beat Shida by herself later tonight. Harley Cameron shows up and says she wants to help them all. Harley whispers something in Angelo’s ear and he seems quite enamored with whatever she told him she is the best at doing.
- Stokely Hathaway is in the ring to introduce the team of Kris Statlander and Willow Nightingale. He hypes up Kris as the greatest TBS champion of all-time and thicker than a Snickers. She smacks him upside the back of the head. Stokely then just states Willow’s name with no enthusiasm at all.
- Willow Nightingale & Kris Statlander defeat Kennedi Hardcastle & Notorious Mimi in a tag team match. This was a quick win for the babyfaces, with Willow getting the pin via spinebuster. Stokely holds up Statlander’s hand in celebration. Willow breaks it up and they tell him to leave the ring.
- Renee Paquette interviews The Hardys, who want to get back on Dynamite to boost the show’s ratings. Private Party interrupts them. Matt says he’s proud of them but it’s time for them to do their own thing. No more Hardy Party. He tosses some shirts at them and teases a future match.
- Hikaru Shida defeats Anna Jay. Jay controls most of the match, but then Shida fires up after the commercial break and takes Anna down with a brainbuster. Shida hits the Falcon Arrow, but Jay quickly turns it into a near fall for herself. She goes for the Queen Slayer. Shida gets out and manages to put Jay away with the Katana. The commentators emphasize that Jay was a millisecond away from winning on a near fall at the end.
- Jeff Jarret and his crew are arguing backstage. Jarrett calls Jay Lethal a loser. Jay snaps back saying Jeff needed him to win his matches in AEW. Things get even more heated, with Jeff telling Jay to get the hell out of the room. They stare each other down with Sonjay and Karen trying to keep the peace.
- Wheeler Yuta defeats Komander to retain the ROH Pure Championship. Wheeler has two ropes breaks left and Komander has only one coming out of the commercial break, seven and a half minutes into the match. Komander plants Yuta with a tornado DDT for a two count. Komander misses a phoenix splash and is driven down to the mat by Yuta for a near fall. Wheeler applies a wristlock that forces Komander to use his final rope break. Komander counters the seat belt for a near fall. Wheleer gets back on top hammering him with elbows and then and applies a double wrist lock. Komander taps out.
- That’s the end of the show, folks!