Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at its 10 pm ET regular start time on TNT.
The Jan. 19 edition of Rampage comes our way on tape from North Charleston Coliseum in North Charleston, South Carolina (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Advertised for tonight: Darby Allin has a singles match against Jeff Hardy.
Also on the card: Chris Jericho is in action against Matt Sydal, Kris Statlander has a match against Queen Aminata, Penta El Zero Miedo vs. Anthony Henry, and more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR JAN. 19
- Rampage kicks off with Chris Jericho making his entrance for a match against Matt Sydal. Don Callis is on commentary for the bout.
- Chris Jericho defeats Matt Sydal. Sydal takes Jericho down early on with the meteora, but Jericho recovers and locks him in the Walls of Jericho. Sydal escapes via rope break. Jericho dropkicks Sydal off the ring apron heading into the commercial break. Sydal powerbombs Jericho later in the match for a near fall. Chris comes back with the Codebreaker for a near fall of his own. Sydal counters the lionsault with the knees up and follows up with air raid crash for a near fall. Jericho counters Sydal at the top rope, tossing him down to the mat below. Jericho follows up with the Judas Effect for the pin fall win.
- Don Callis runs away like a coward after the match is over. Konosuke Takeshita attacks Jericho from behind on the ramp, inciting a brawl. AEW officials come out to break it up, with Takeshita laying out Chrstopher Daniels in the process.
- Penta El Zero Miedo defeats Anthony Henry. Daddy Magic replaces Don Callis on the commentary table. Henry starts out hot, taking Penta down with a German suplex and kick to the head. Penta comes back with a spinning Spicolli Driver. The two men exchange strikes in the middle of the ring. Henry misses the double stomp from the top rope. Penta puts him away with Fear Factor for the pin fall win.
- Ruby Soho and Saraya are arguing backstage as Renee Paquette is trying to get them for an interview. Ruby gets her hands on Harley Cameron and pushes her up against the wall, asking why she kissed Angelo Parker. Harley says Anna Jay put her up to it, and Saraya awkwardly goes along with that theory. Renee shakes her head at Saraya as Ruby storms off.
- Kris Statlander defeats Queen Aminata. Aminata taunts Kris with her ass early on. Stokely is ringside clapping for Statlander. Both women notice him and tell him to get lost. Aminata almost rolls up Kris for a flash pin following that distraction. Queen hits Kris with a diving crossbody through the ropes. Statlander drops Aminata later in the match with a discus lariat for a near fall. Kris jams her right knee in the corner, but dodges Queen’s air raid crash. She hits Queen with a spinning slam down to the mat for the three count.
- Jay Lethal tells Sonjay Dutt that he wants to focus back on what AEW is all about, which is great action in the ring. The Jarrets are not there, and Dutt suggests that kicking Karen Jarrett out of their group will fix their problems. Lethal says he’s tired of arguing over dumb things like this, and maybe it’s time to go after singles gold rather than stick with Jeff Jarrett in a tag team.
- Renee Paquette interviews Statlander backstage, with Stokely hanging around. Willow Nightingale shows up and says somebody sabotaged her travel, and that’s why she wasn’t there ringside for her match. Stokely and Willow argue about it. Kris is indecisive about what to do, and Willow can’t believe that she is actually listening to Stokely’s nonsense.
- Darby Allin defeats Jeff Hardy. Excalibur suggests the rules will be loosened for this match because both men have a tendency to go to the extremes. Darby starts things with a crazy flipping swan dive onto Jeff on the outside. Jeff tosses Darby over the announce table and then smashes him into the barricade. Jeff runs and leaps off the stairs at Darby, but Allin moves out of the way and Jeff crashes into the barricade. Darby sits Jeff on a chair and goes for his suicide dive through the ropes, but Jeff avoids it this time, with Darby taking the brutal crash landing onto the steel. Jeff targets with rolling neck snaps after the commercial break. Darby scrapes his nails along Jeff’s back, and then hits him with an Avalanche Code Red for a near fall. Jeff gives Darby a neckbreaker onto the ring apron, with Darby’s feet elevated on the top turnbuckle. Hardy sets up a table on the outside. Jeff rams Darby’s head into the ringpost and lays him down on the table. Jeff goes up for the Swanton Bomb...and crashes through the table as Darby escapes at the last second! Darby rolls Jeff’s carcass into the ring and goes for the Coffin Drop, but Jeff counters with the knees up. Hardy goes for Twist of Fate, but Darby counters it and pins Jeff down to the mat for the sudden three count.
- Darby extends his fists in respect to Jeff after the match is over. Jeff goes to return the gesture, but pulls his fists back at the last second and rolls out of the ring. The commentators and Darby are surprised at Jeff’s disrespectful decision as Rampage goes off the air.