Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at its 10 pm ET regular start time on TNT.
The Sept. 8 edition of Rampage comes our way on tape from Indiana Farmers Coliseum in Indianapolis, Indiana (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s show features two matches in the quarterfinal round of the Grand Slam world title eliminator tournament: Jeff Hardy vs. Samoa Joe and Penta El Zero M vs. Jay Lethal.
Also on the card: Young Bucks vs. Daddy Magic and Cool Hand Ang, a trios match pitting Britt Baker, Hikaru Shida, and Skye Blue against The Bunny, Taya Valkyrie, and Anna Jay, we’ll hear from Sammy Guevara, and more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR SEPT. 8
- Penta El Zero M defeats Jay Lethal to advance in the Grand Slam world title eliminator tournament. Jeff Jarrett, Karen Jarrett, Sonjay Dutt, and Satnam Singh were ringside and helped Jay early in the fight. This included Satnam ramming Penta’s back into the ringpost and Karen tying Penta’s mask to the ring ropes. The ref quickly caught them red-handed and ejected all four cheaters. Lethal later pulled Penta’s mask off. Alex Abrahantes prevented Lethal from grabbing Jarrett’s guitar while the referee helped Penta put his mask back on. Penta then snapped Lethal’s arm and hit him with Fear Factor for the three count.
- Sammy Guevara comes out to confront shirtless Chris Jericho at the commentary desk. They both admit they are pissing each other off and want to punch each other in the face. Jericho said they need to settle this before winning the tag team titles, so they can then laugh and shake hands about it afterwards and get back on track. Jericho proposes that they fight each other in a singles match at Grand Slam on Sept. 20. They hug and shake hands after agreeing to the fight.
- Britt Baker, Hikaru Shida & Skye Blue defeat Anna Jay, The Bunny & Taya Valkyrie in a trios match. Baker tagged herself in on Shida’s back late in the match. The Bunny shoved Baker into Shida, causing them to ram heads. Even so, Baker forced Bunny to tap out to the Lockjaw finisher. Afterwards, Shida confronted Baker and was not happy with her.
- HOOK says it feels good to have the FTW title back where it belongs, in New York.
- Young Bucks defeat Daddy Magic and Cool Hand Ang. This was a rebound victory for the Bucks after losing at both All In and All Out. Jake Hager interfered at ringside on behalf of Daddy and Cool, so the fans chanted “Where’s your hat?” at him. The Bucks superkick Hager off the apron and finish off Magic with the BTE Trigger for the three count.
- Mike Santana has learned that you can’t count on anybody to have the same passion that you do. He has to take the road alone and bet on himself. He’s not here to be just another guy. He’s here to be the guy, and he’s gonna piss off a lot of people in the process.
- Samoa Joe defeats Jeff Hardy to advance in the Grand Slam world title eliminator tournament. The finish saw Jeff fire up and go for a Twist of Fate, but Joe quickly countered it into the Coquina Clutch, choking out Hardy for the win.