Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at its 10:00pm ET regular start time on TNT.
The latest edition of Rampage comes our way on tape from FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton, Ontario (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s show features Ring of Honor World Champion Claudio Castagnoli defending against Komander.
Also on the card: QTV’s QT Marshall & Johnny TV (John Morrison) take on Matt Hardy & Brother Zay, Shawn Spears is back for a match with The Blade, Hikaru Shida goes one-on-one with Taya Valkyrie, and more!
Come right back here at 10:00 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR JUNE 30
- Rampage kicks off with Claudio Castagnoli vs. Komander for the ROH world title, with both men in the ring and shaking hands as the bell rings.
- Claudio Castagnoli defeats Komander to retain the ROH world championship. Claudio goes for the giant swing early on and flings Komander around with ease. Komander dodges the Ricola Bomb, but Castagnoli still overpowers him outside the ring. Claudio hits a DDT for a near fall as we go to break. Later in the match, Komander reverses a powerbomb from the middle rope into a hurricanrana. Komander stands on the barricade and hits a standing shooting star press on Claudio. Both men exchange blows back in the middle of the ring, with Claudio’s powerful uppercut winning out. But Komander comes back with a thrilling tornado DDT for a near fall. Komander hits a Phoenix splash for another near fall. Claudio catches Komander in mid air with Swiss Death, and the ref immediately calls for a stop to the match.
- Shawn Spears defeats The Blade. After jumping around the ring like a goofball during his entrance, Spears takes The Blade down early on and taunts him with the Perfect 10 hand gestures. Spears takes him outside the ring and backdrops him on the ring apron. The Butcher tries to attack Spears from behind and eventually succeeds when the ref is distracted. Blade lays in some chops on Shawn, which only pisses him off. Spears comes back with his own chops and then takes Blade down for some ground and pound. Spears later catches The Blade in the C4 for the pin fall win.
- There’s a hype video promoting tomorrow’s Owen Hart tournament matches on Collision.
- QTV’s Harley Cameron comes out singing as part of the entrance for QT Marshall and Johnny TV.
- QT Marshall & Johnny TV defeat Matt Hardy & Brother Zay. The babyfaces work over QT for a while before Johnny TV tags in and gets the better of Hardy. Zay tags in and wipes out TV with a hurricanrana and QT with a cutter. Zay is distracted outside the ring by QT and Harley Cameron, allowing TV to get the advantage with a spinning dive through the ropes as we go to break. Matt gets the hot tag later in the fight and runs wild on everyone, getting a nearfall with a sit-out powerbomb on TV. Johnny misses a corkscrew splash. Zay launches off Hardy’s back to dive onto the heels outside the ring. Cameron distracts the ref, allowing QT to crotch Zay on the buckle. TV hits starship pain on Zay for the win.
- Ethan Page gets in the ring afterwards to stop the heels from doing any more damage to Hardy and Zay, so the heels take him out. Daddy Ass and Anthony Bowens run out to chase away the QTV crew.
- Wheeler Yuta cuts a promo (pre-taped) for next week’s Dynamite match against Kenny Omega.
- Hikaru Shida defeats Taya Valkyrie. Shida stuns Taya with a running knee early on. Shida sets a chair up on the outside and launches off of it but Taya runs away to dodge her. Taya regains the advantage and rams Hikaru’s knee into the ringpost as we go to break. Shida has trouble walking later in the fight. Even so, she manages to land a suplex on Taya outside the ring and follows up with a meteora. Shidahits a running elbow smash to the face for a near fall. Taya blocks the Katana and lands the double running knees in the corner. Shida counters Road to Valhalla and rolls up Taya for the pin fall win.
- That’s the end of the show, folks!