Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at a special start time of
5:30 6:30 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday show comes our way on tape from the FLA Live Arena in Sunrise, Florida (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s main event is Cash Wheeler vs. Jay Lethal.
Also advertised on the card: Shawn Spears and Ricky Starks team up to fight Bullet Club Gold (Jay White & Juice Robinson), Anna Jay vs. Ashley D’Amboise, Naturally Limitless is in action, we’ll hear from The Outcasts, The Acclaimed and Daddy Ass address the people, and more!
Come right back here at 6:30 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR APR. 28
- Rampage kicks off with Bullet Club Gold (Jay White & Juice Robinson) making their entrance. Ricky Starks & Shawn Spears follow suit with separate entrances, and the babyfaces sprint to the ring to begin the match.
- Bullet Club Gold defeats Ricky Starks & Shawn Spears. The match is chaotic early on, with all four men going at it. It settles down into a typical tag team bout from there. White works over Spears, dumping him onto the ring apron going into the commercial break. The beating continues, with White keeping Spears down with a headlock. Spears finally lands a suplex and is able to tag out to Starks. Ricky with a northern lights driver on Juice, and he sends White spilling to the outside. Starks goes for a superplex on Juice, and Spears tags himself in while that is happening. Juice evades Shawn’s finisher and tags out to White. Ricky and Juice brawl outside the ring. White escapes Shawn’s grasp in the middle of the ring and turns it into the Blade Runner for the pin fall.
- Starks and Juice take their brawl into the ring after the match is over. Ricky goes for a spear but Juice sees it coming and bails from the ring. White and Juice talk trash as they walk up the ramp and leave.
- Isiah Kassidy is missing, and Matt Hardy is upset about it backstage. Stokely and Lee Moriarty appear on a monitor near Matt. They have Kassidy hostage on a scaffold and tell Matt that The Firm Deletion match better happen next Friday on Rampage. If he agrees, they won’t throw Kassidy off the scaffold. Matt agrees. Big Bill lets go of Kassidy as promised, but of course in doing so drops him off the scaffolding. Looks like he might miss out on The Firm Deletion match next week.
- Keith Lee & Dustin Rhodes defeat Brady Pierce and Charlie James. Charlie does a Cha Cha to try to get the fans behind him, but it doesn’t help him deal with the power of Lee. This was a quick one that Lee wins with a spirit bomb.
- Swerve Strickland and The Embassy come out after the match is over. They stare down the babyfaces from the stage.
- Sammy Guevara and Tay Melo are backstage. Melo says MJF is not his friend and tries to convince him that he is making a mistake in agreeing to lay down for MJF for money.
- Anna Jay defeats Ashley D’Amboise. Ashley takes Anna down multiple times with hip tosses, but Jay takes charge from there. She viciously twists Ashley’s back across the ring post going into the commercial break. Jay hits a neckbreaker coming out of the break and locks in the Queen Slayer choke for the win.
- The lights go out after the match is over. Julia Hart is in the ring when the lights return. She attacks Jay from behind and starts a brawl. Jay turns the tables and rams Hart into the ring post. Jay twists Julia’s torso across the ring post as officials scramble to break it up.
- The Outcasts cut a promo backstage. Saraya says she will face Willow Nigntingale on Dynamite next week and then talks trash about her.
- The Acclaimed and Daddy Ass come out, with Max Caster doing his rap shtick. They beat up one of their jobber opponents on the way to the ring.
- The Acclaimed and Daddy Ass defeat three jobbers. This was barely a match. Daddy Ass hits the Fameasser on the jabroni. Caster hits the Mic Drop elbow for the win. As Excalibur says, the rap was longer than the match. Daddy Ass and The Acclaimed celebrate their win by engaging in three way scissoring with each other.
- Mark Henry interviews Jay Lethal and Cash Wheeler ahead of their main event match, coming up next. Lethal and Jeff Jarrett want to win FTR’s AEW world tag team titles. Wheeler says his friend Mark Briscoe will be ringside as a special enforcer during this match to stop any shenanigans during the fight.
- Jay Lethal defeats Cash Wheeler. Briscoe prevents Sonjay Dutt from cheating late in the match. Lethal hits the Stun Gun on Wheeler. He struts and then goes up for en elbow drop. Wheeler gets the knees up because Lethal took too long to do it. Cash throws a series of punches to stagger Jay and then catches him with a powerslam out of mid-air. Lethal fights his way out of a piledriver attempt and hits a back body drop. He connects with the Lethal Combination. He goes for the Lethal Injection but Cash counters it. Sonjay Dutt tries to get involved again, but Briscoe is there to cut him off. However, Lethal shoves Wheeler into Briscoe amidst the chaos. Lethal lands the Lethal Injection n Wheeler while everybody is distracted by all the ringside chaos. That’s good enough to get the three count.
- The heels celebrate cheating their way to another win over on FTR as Rampage goes off the air.