Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10:00 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from the Petersen Events Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s main event is El Hijo Del Vikingo defending the AAA Mega championship against Dralistico.
Also advertised on the card: Jon Moxley vs. Christopher Daniels, Julia Hart vs. Kiera Hogan, and FTR teams up with Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal to take on Slim J and Varsity Athletes. We’ll also hear from Jade Cargill, as well as The Hardys, HOOK, and Isiah Kassidy.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR APR. 22
- Saturday night Rampage kicks off with Jon Moxley and Christopher Daniels already in the ring and ready to fight.
- Jon Moxley defeats Christopher Daniels. Mox hit Daniels with a cutter late in the bout. Daniels breaks free of Mox on the top rope and hits a flying crossbody. Daniels tries to win with a backslide to no avail. Mox takes him down with the King Kong Lariat. He follows up with a piledriver. Daniels breaks out of the pin attempt, but Mox immediately traps him right in the bulldog choke. Christopher gets out of it and comes back with a Flatliner from the middle rope. He nails Angels Wings but can’t capitalize fast enough for the pin right away. Mox bites Daniels’ face and gets him down for the elbow strikes. He puts the bulldog choke back on. Daniels tries to fight out of it but Mox has him perfectly hooked this time. Daniels goes to sleep and Moxley wins.
- Mox immediately breaks the hold when the bell rings. He shakes Daniels’ hand after the match in a show of respect.
- Mark Sterling and Jade Cargill are interviewed backstage. They say that Taya Valkyrie will be disqualified next week if she uses Road to Valhalla against Cargill in their TBS title match.
- The Hardys, HOOK, and Isiah Kassidy come out to the ring. Jeff says he has worked so hard to return to AEW. The crowd chants “Welcome back.” He thanks them but says the smartest thing or him to do is retire...from screwing up! Hardy plans to spend the rest of his career in AEW. Matt wants to talk about The Firm Deletion, but he is interrupted by Stokely Hathaway on the video screen. Stokely wants to know more details about The Firm Deletion match. Matt says he’ll let him know more when the time is right. The Firm ambush the babyfaces from behind! Ethan Page drops Kassidy with the Ego’s Edge. Big Bill and Lee Moriarty drag him up the ramp, but The Hardys run off the heels with chairs.
- We get a recap of The Jericho/ Outcasts attack on Adam Cole and Britt Baker from Dynamite, as well of backstage footage of Cole apologizing to Baker for letting that happen.
- Keith Lee and Dustin Rhodes cut a promo saying they’ll be back together in tag team action next Friday on Rampage.
- Julia Hart defeats Kiera Hogan. Hart withstands a flurry of offense from Hogan early on, including a running kick to the jaw. Julia comes back with a neckbreaker and standing moonsault for a near fall. Kiera misses a roundhouse kick, and Hart locks in her submission finisher for the victory.
- Anna Jay runs in after the match is over. She brawls with Hart in the middle of the ring, battering each other until a bunch of referees and security manage to separate them.
- Christopher Daniels is interviewed backstage. He’s sick of losing. The BCC confront him. Daniels says the wrong thing, so Mox attacks him and repeatedly rams his head into the lockers. Mox says the BCC aren’t the ones who have changed, it’s everyone else who has lost their minds.
- FTR, Jeff Jarrett, and Jay Lethal defeat Slim J & Varsity Athletes. Jarrett and Lethal don’t seem to appreciate FTR copying their strut during an early moment in the bout. Later in the match, the match breaks down with all eight men going at it in the ring. Dax throws Mark Sterling into the ring. Dax holds Mark for Jarrett to take a shot. Sterling dodges and Jeff accidentally hits Dax. They survive the miscommunication. Jarrett hits The Stroke on Nese and motions for Dax to make the pin, which he does.
- Mark Briscoe runs out after the match and tries to keep the peace between FTR and Jarrett’s crew.
- Bandido will challenge Orange Cassidy for the AEW International championship next week.
- Mark Henry throws to a video package hyping up tonight’s main event of El Hijo Del Vikingo vs. Dralistico for the AAA Mega championship, which is coming up next.
- El Hijo Del Vikingo defeats Dralistico to retain the AAA Mega championship. Vikingo hits a Canadian Destroyer on the ring apron late in the match. Preston Vance and the rest of LFI attack Vikingo to prevent him from capitalizing on the high impact move. The referee ejects all of the LFI members from ringside, evening the playing field. Vikingo goes up top for the diving foot stomp for a near fall. Dralistico thinks he has the match won shortly after a nasty diving huracanrana to the floor outside, but Vikingo survives and hits the 630 splash for the win.
- LFI return to the ring and beat the crap out of Vikingo after the match is over, standing tall over him as Rampage goes off the air.