Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight around 9:30 pm ET (following coverage of NBA on TNT).
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panther Arena (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s main event is Shawn Spears vs. Jungle Boy.
Also advertised on the card: Aussie Open defends the IWGP tag team titles against Best Friends, Taya Valkyrie vs. Emi Sakura, and Mark Briscoe is in action along with his partners Jeff Jarrett, Satnam Singh, and Jay Lethal. We’ll also hear from The Hardys, FTR, Daddy Magic & Cool Hand Ang, and more!
Come right back here around 9:30 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR APR. 14
- It’s 9:30 pm ET and there are about 40 seconds left in the Bulls vs. Heat NBA game. Rampage is supposed to start soon after the game ends.
- It’s 9:42 pm ET and Rampage is now beginning! Aussie Open is defending the IWGP tag titles against Best Friends in the opening match, with all four men already in the ring and ready to go.
- Aussie Open defeats Best Friends to retain the IWGP tag team titles. Late in the match, after Trent and Chuck gave the people what they want, the Best Friends hit the Doomsday knee strike on Kyle Fletcher. But Mark Davis used his raw power to spike Trent on his head with a piledriver, leaving Chuck vulnerable to Aussie Open’s double team finisher for the pin.
- Mark Briscoe is backstage with Jeff Jarrett, Jay Lethal, Satnam Singh, and Sonjay Dutt. Dutt tries to convince Briscoe that he fits in with the group by giving him a new shirt with all of their faces on it. Briscoe is not happy and throws away the shirt after they leave the locker room.
- FTR comes out to the ring for an interview. Cash Wheeler thanks the fans. He says it took two years and five months for them to regain the AEW world tag team titles. He says FTR has signed with AEW for another four years. When those four years are up, they’re done with wrestling. They will not stop until they are the greatest tag team of all time. Dax says this is their redemption story. On this one last ride, they will repay the fans for sticking with them for so many years.
- The Hardys, HOOK, and Isiah Kassidy are interviewed backstage. Jeff says it feels so good to be back. The four of them will take on The Firm on the Hardy Compound in The Firm Deletion, securing Matt and Isiah’s freedom from the group.
- Wardlow and PowerHouse Hobbs have pre-taped promos talking trash ahead of next week’s TNT title match.
- Jay Lethal, Mark Briscoe, Satnam Singh, and Jeff Jarrett defeat Spanish Announce Project and Jake Manning. Satnam Singh manhandles Serpentico and chokeslams Manning. Mark Briscoe tags in with the Froggy Bow for the win. Briscoe leaves the ring rather than celebrating inside with his teammates.
- There’s a recap video of what The Elite returning on Dynamite to attack the Blackpool Combat Club.
- Taya Valkyrie defeats Emi Sakura. Jade Cargill walks out onto the ramp to distract Taya, which helps Emi gain the upper hand. Taya came back with a spear and then put Sakura away with Road to Valhalla.
- Leila Grey tries to attack Taya after the match, but Taya hits her with Road to Valhalla as well. Jade enters the ring and trades blows with Taya. Valkyrie tries to go for the finisher, but Leila blasts her from behind. Cargill gets Taya up for Jaded and slams her down to the mat. She lays on top of Taya for a symbolic pin and laughs.
- Dralistico is challenging El Hijo Del Vikingo for the AAA Mega Championship next week on Saturday Rampage.
- Daddy Magic, Cool Hand Ang, and Jake Hager are in the ring to do a rap mocking The Acclaimed. They conclude that rapping is very easy. Max Caster and Anthony Bowens come out. They feign doing a rap and charge the ring instead. Daddy Ass has scissors and goes to use them on Daddy Magic’s hard nipples, but JAS drags their ally out of the ring before it can happen. The babyfaces challenge them to a trios match next week on Dynamite.
- Mark Henry interviews Shawn Spears and Jungle Boy ahead of their main event match. Spears mentions that he is no longer friends with MJF. He plans to beat Boy to prove that he’s the one who deserves a title shot against AEW the world champion.
- Jungle Boy defeats Shawn Spears. Late in the match, Spears tries to get Boy up for the C4 finisher. Boy counters it into a roll up for a two count. Spears hits a tilt-a-whirl back breaker and has the advantage, but Boy is able to sneak a quick pin in there for the win.
- Boy and Spears shake hands after the match. That’s the end of the show, folks!