Pretty much everything Samoa Joe does entertains us. But the one element of his performance repertoire that entertains us the most, the one thing that gets us every single time?
It’s when Joe casually walks away from an opponent’s aerial attack, leaving his high-flying foe to flop torso-first into the mat instead of crashing into him.
Though he does it often, there have been instances of the gag that pop us more than others. Just this summer we got a version where Joe hammed up his evasion that we really liked. We got a new favorite on Dynamite last night (Nov. 15). This time, it was Joe’s opponent Jon Cruz that added that little extra something to the spot...
Cruz articulates what every wrestler Joe’s ever done this too wishes they had. Makes you wonder why that guy wears a mask (kayfabe-breaking alert: Jon Cruz is Serpentico).
Let us know if this is your favorite thing Samoa Joe does, and if you agree Jon Cruz just gave us the best version of it, in the comments below. And on your way down there, check out the rest of the highlights from Nov. 15 edition of Dynamite in the following playlist:
- International Champ Orange Cassidy & FTW Champ Hook take on Moxley & Yuta!
- Hangman Page & Swerve Strickland face off before their TEXAS DEATH MATCH!
- Who faces TBS Champ Kris Statlander & Hart at Full Gear? Velvet or Blue?
- Samoa Joe shows off why he should be AEW World & ROH Tag Champ MJF’s next partner!
- Bucks Homecoming! The Young Bucks face Penta El Zero Miedo & Komander!
- Bullet Club Gold’s The Gunns shoot even closer to the ROH World Tag Titles!
- You HAVE to see this! LIKE A DRAGON GAIDEN STREET FIGHT presented by Sega!
- How did AEW World & ROH Tag champ MJF respond to last week’s brutal attack?