Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at its 10 pm ET regular start time on TNT.
The Oct. 13 edition of Rampage comes our way on tape from Cable Dahmer Arena in Independence, Missouri (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s show features Blackpool Combat Club (Claudio Castagnoli & Wheeler Yuta) vs. Gates of Agony (Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona).
Also on the card: Trent Beretta vs. Jay Lethal, Skye Blue vs. Emi Sakura, The Hardys & Brother Zay vs. Daddy Magic, Daniel Garcia & Angelo Parker, and more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR OCT. 13
- Daniel Garcia, Daddy Magic & Angelo Parker defeat The Hardys & Brother Zay. Rampage appears to have started a few minutes early, so if you tuned in at 10 pm ET on the button then you likely missed a chunk of this match. Daddy Magic wasn’t happy with Daniel Garcia trying to do his dance earlier in the match. But Garcia does it anyway later on and wipes out Zay for the pin fall win. Things are really tense between Magic and Garcia afterwards.
- Bullet Club Gold interrupt Penta’s backstage interview with Renee Paquette and talk all kinds of trash about him and Rey Fenix. Penta calls Jay White a thief for holding MJF’s world title over his shoulder, but Jay brushes it off and continues to refer to himself as the AEW world champion.
- Renee interviews the former Jericho Appreciation backstage. Daddy Magic says he can’t stand the dancing, but Garcia says it’s the only thing getting them wins. Hager says they need to squash it because they won. Magic tells all three of them off and storms off.
- Jay Lethal defeats Trent Beretta. Lethal gets his face in the camera early on and declares that he will be the next ROH world champion. Sonjay Dutt is being a pain in the ass at ringside, so Trent goes to deal with him. Chuck Taylor is there with a chair to help Trent deal with the typical Jarrett numbers game. Lethal gains an advantage when he rams Trent’s knee into the ringpost. Lethal continues to work over the knee, and he locks in the figure four. Lethal goes to reapply the hold after a bit, but Trent counters it into a roll up. Trent tries to fire up but crumples when he plants his knee. That opens the door for Lethal to hit Lethal Injection for the pin fall win.
- Ortiz and Santana confront each other backstage. Santana said he didn’t receive one call or text from Ortiz when he was hurt. Ortiz blames the lack of communication on Santana. Santana says it wasn’t karma that took his knee, it was from carrying Ortiz all that time. Excalibur notes that these men will have to face each other in the ring soon.
- Skye Blue defeats Emi Sakura. Skye doesn’t have her typical smile and upbeat demeanor when she makes her entrance, and the commentators blame it on Julia Hart’s recent poison mist attack on her. Sakura crushes Blue against the ring steps early on with a running splash. Blue is tortured in the ring for a bit until Emi runs into a back elbow. Sakura comes back with a delayed double underhook backbreaker for a two count. Blue avoids Sakura’s finisher and stuns her with a kick to the face. Skye then catches her in Code Blue for the sudden pin fall win.
- There’s a video recap with some highlights from this week’s “Title Tuesday” episode of Dynamite.
- Kris Statlander vs. Skye Blue for the TBS title, Brian Cage vs. Komander, and an appearance from Adam Copeland are added to tomorrow night’s Collision.
- Mark Henry says it’s time for the main event.
- Claudio Castagnoli & Wheeler Yuta defeat Gates of Agony. Bishop Kaun whips Yuta back and forth into the barricade and the side of the ring on the outside, leaving him crumpled on the ground heading into the commercial break. Wheeler later makes the hot tag to Claudio, who uppercuts Toa Liona and continues to punish him in the corner. Claudio’s Giant Swing attempt on Liona is thwarted from behind by Kaun, so Claudio swings him instead. Wheeler connects on the dropkick to the back of Kaun’s head during the swing. Claudio chases Prince Nana down the ramp, leaving Wheeler to be double teamed inside the ring. Yuta fights like hell, but the Gates of Agony lift him up and plant him down on the mat, but Yuta somehow kicks out of the pin. Claudio is back and takes out Liona with an uppercut. He assists Yuta with a splash off the top rope onto Kaun for the pin fall win.
- Claudio and Wheleer celebrate to end the show, with the commentators praising Yuta for hanging in there despite taking such a severe beating.
- That’s the end of the show, folks!