Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT. That will be followed by AEW Battle of the Belts V at 11 pm ET, also on TNT.
This combo event comes our way live from Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Portland, Oregon.
The segments on Rampage include Jon Moxley & Bryan Danielson vs. Top Flight, Darby Allin defends the TNT title against Mike Bennett, Jamie Hayter & Dr. Britt Baker vs. The Renegade Twins, Perro Peligroso in action, and a House of Black promo.
Battle of the Belts V then features The Acclaimed vs. Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal for the AEW tag team titles in a No Holds Barred match, Orange Cassidy defends the All-Atlantic title against Kip Sabian, and TBS Champion Jade Cargill vs. Skye Blue.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on both shows below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE & BATTLE OF THE BELTS V RESULTS FOR JAN. 6
- Rampage kicks off with Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley & Bryan Danielson) vs. Top Flight (Dante & Darius Martin). Chris Jericho is on commentary.
- Blackpool Combat Club defeats Top Flight. Darius and Dante held their own early on after an aggressive attack before the bell, followed up by their typical high flying offense to keep Moxley and Bryan off balance. They eventually tried to throw hands in the middle of the ring with BCC, and it didn’t work out well for them. Mox and Danielson brutalized them with a barrage of strikes and stretches. Dante finally got back in it when he dodged simultaneous kicks from BCC, and so they accidentally kicked each other. Dante landed a frog splash at one point, but Moxley grabbed his arm and hammered down on him with elbows. Dante survived the King Kong lariat that KO’d Hangman Page a couple months ago. Top Flight fired back with superkicks and dives. Bryan landed the flying knee on Darius, but Dante broke up the pin. Moxley went up to the top for a double sledge on Dante to the outside. Bryan stomped Darius’s head in and then stretched him until he passed out and the referee called an end to the match.
- Hangman Page is holding medical papers while cutting a promo. He talks about Blackpool Combat Club getting horny watching videos together late at night, I think. He’s cleared and will see Moxley for the fight next week in Los Angeles.
- Britt Baker & Jamie Hayter defeat The Renegades. This wasn’t actually a squash match. The Renegades talked trash after getting some licks in, but Hayter countered their attempt to double team suplex her. Baker tagged in and it wasn’t a cakewalk for her either. Hayter and Baker had to eventually work together to hit their signature moves in succession to put the Renegades away, with Baker getting the win with her stomp.
- Malakai Black cuts a promo saying he misses the Eddie Kingston he used to know and love, who was a sick and violent bastard. Brody King, Buddy Matthews, and Julia Hart reiterate that House of Black is here to help him.
- Perro Peligroso defeats Sonico. It was a squash that he quickly won with the discus lariat. After the match, Peligroso tears off the guy’s mask while the crowd heavily boos him.
- A video airs of Mike Bennett and The Kingdom confronting Darby Allin after he won the TNT title on Dynamite, setting up tonight’s open challenge main event.
- Mark Henry interviews Darby Allin and The Kingdom ahead of the TNT title main event match between Darby and Bennett.
- Darby Allin defeats Mike Bennett to retain the TNT championship. Allin was weakened and beat up following his victory on Dynamite vs. Samoa Joe, and Bennett took advantage of his vulnerable physical state. Even so, Darby would not stay down. Late in the match he sat Mike in a chair on the outside and hit him with a dropkick from the top buckle. Darby tries to finish him off with the Coffin Drop, but Maria Kanellis got in the way. The Kingdom used her distraction to lay out Darby behind the ref’s back, but Darby would not die. Darby countered the Avalanche Piledriver and turned it into an Avalanche Code Red. He nails the Coffin Drop for the pin fall victory.
- That’s the end of Rampage. Battle of the Belts V is up next.
- Battle of the Belts V kicks off with Darby still celebrating his Rampage win at ringside. The opening match will be The Acclaimed vs. Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal for the AEW tag team titles in a No Holds Barred match. Max Caster makes a reference to Vince McMahon during his entrance rap.
- The Acclaimed defeat Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal to retain the AEW world tag team titles. Bowens and Lethal figure four’d each other while rolling down the ramp early on. Caster taunts Satnam Singh shortly thereafter. Jarrett broke up Scissor Me Timbers, and the heels strutted in the ring together going into the commercial break. Caster hits an Olympic slam on Jarrett later in the match and slaps on the ankle lock. Jay Lethal saves Jarrett from tapping with a flying elbow drop on the referee. Billy Gunn and Satnam Singh get involved as chaos ensues. Bowens has Jarrett down for three but no referee is there to count. A new ref shows up but Jarrett kicks out at two. Gunn neutralizes Lethal on the outside. Jarrett kicks Daddy in the dick. Bowens bring his boombox into the ring. Ass takes Jarrett’s guitar and smashes Singh over the head with it. Ass is taken out with the stroke. Singh is irate and chokeslams The Acclaimed and the referee. Sonjay Dutt strips the ref’s shirt and puts it on. Lethal hits Lethal Injection on Bowens. Dutt tries to count the pin, but Aubrey Edwards pulls him out of the ring. She breaks his pencil and shoves him down. The Acclaimed hit the mic drop on Lethal to win with Edwards counting the fall.
- Powerhouse Hobbs talks about The Book of Hobbs and makes general threats of violence.
- Ortiz questions Eddie Kingston’s loyalty after House of Black’s promo. It will be House of Black vs. Kingston and Ortiz next Friday on Rampage.
- Jade Cargill defeats Skye Blue to retain the TBS championship. Leila Grey is the only Baddie in Jade’s corner, with Red Velvet nowhere in sight. Cargill overpowers Blue, kicking her in the ribs and chokeslamming her on the entrance ramp. Velvet makes an appearance on the stage while the ref is counting to 10 on Blue. Skye just beats the count to get back in the ring ahead of a commercial break. Jade is too strong, she takes Blue out with a thrust kick. Velvet gets closer to the action. Skye counters Jade into a rollup for a near fall. She hits Code Blue for another near fall. Despite her best efforts, sher can’t match Jade’s power, and the champ finally hits Jaded for the victory. Velvet gives a sarcastic clap of celebration from the ramp.
- Stokely Hathaway cuts a promo on JungleHook, hyping up next Wednesday’s tag match with Big Bill and Lee Moriarty.
- Ruby Soho and Willow Nightingale cut a promo for a street fight against Tay Melo and Anna Jay next week on Rampage.
- Orange Cassidy defeats Kip Sabian to retain the AEW All-Atlantic title. Danhausen is ringside with Cassidy, but Best Friends are nowhere in sight. Sabian takes OC out with a moonsault and does the Best Friends hug spot with Penelope Ford and The Bunny. Danhausen shows up just in time to mess around with Kip and give Cassidy an opening to attack. Sabian eventually catches a diving OC into a spinning neckbreaker on the outside. Cassidy writhes in pain, clutching his neck before the commercial break. Cassidy nailed Kip with a superplex later in the fight. The Bunny is ejected by the referee after grabbing Orange’s foot. Butcher and The Blade are coming to ringside and Danhausen tries to fight them off. They kick his ass and continue to the ring. Cassidy is completely outnumbered by the heels, with nobody left in his corner. Sabian does OC’s lazy kicks and slaps back at him. Cassidy explodes on Kip with strikes. Kip lures him in now with the hands up in the air, and takes him out with vicious knees and headbutts. OC won’t stay down for the three count. With the ref distracted, the Butcher and Blade try to beat up OC, but the Best Friends show up and take out the heels. The commentators are unsure if this means Best Friends are back on good terms with OC. Sabian now goes for an Orange Punch, but OC stays on his feet. He’s pissed off and nails Sabian with a tornado DDT and PK. It’s not enough for the three count. OC remains aggressive, stomping Kip in the corner. He’s so enraged that he accidentally drops the referee. Sabian briefly takes advantage of a shocked OC, but Cassidy gets back in the zone and takes Sabian out with Orange Punch and Beach Break for the win.
- That’s the end of the show, folks.