Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s main event is a non title match between AEW Women’s World Champion Jamie Hayter and Emi Sakura. If Sakura wins, she earns a future title shot.
Elsewhere on the card we’ll see Hangman Page vs. Wheeler Yuta, Powerhouse Hobbs in action, and more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR JAN. 27
- Rampage kicks off with Hangman Page vs. Wheeler Yuta, with both men already in the ring as the show begins.
- Hangman Page defeats Wheeler Yuta. Page gets the better of Wheeler early in the match with a fallaway slam and dive over the top rope. Yuta fights back with a topé and hard chops to the chest. Later in the fight, Yuta batters Hangman in the corner and drops him with a bulldog. Page catches Yuta on the top rope, and sends him crashing down with an avalanche death valley driver. Page follows up with German suplex after German suplex. Yuta turns the table and hits Germans of his own. Page holds the ropes to avoid a fourth consecutive German. Yuta persists, hitting a German on the apron and then a release German suplex on the floor outside. Yuta crashes down on Page with a diving crossbody to the outside. Yuta goes for another splash inside the ring, but Page gets his knees up. He delivers a lariat to knock Yuta for a loop. Yuta counters the Buckshot Lariat and hits the splash from the top. Page kicks out! Yuta smashes down with the elbows. Page overpowers him and hits a roaring elbow. Page connects with the Buckshot Lariat, but he isn’t done there. Page hits Moxley’s Death Rider finisher to pick up the pin fall victory.
- Action Andretti and Ricky Starks cut a promo after their loss to Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara on Dynamite. They are desperate to get their hands on Jericho.
- Eddie Kingston cuts a promo. He says the House of Black is right, the real Eddie Kingston has to come out now, and Ortiz has to deal with it. Eddie understands the House of Black and is ready to go home.
- Satnam Singh, Jeff Jarrett, and Jay Lethal defeat Danhausen & The Best Friends. The babyfaces triple team Jarrett in the early going and do a muscle pose. Their attempt at a triple hug is prevented when the heels trip them all. Singh no sells Trent’s strikes and tosses him over the ropes. Later in the fight, Chuck Taylor gets the better of both Lethal and Jarrett. he locks in the figure four on Jarrett and somehow dodges Lethal’s flying elbow drop. Singh steps in the ring to break it up. Danhausen confronts Singh in the middle of the ring. Singh no sells a bunch of strikes. The babyfaces all team up, including Orange Cassidy to use the ring ropes to hurt Singh. Jeff Jarrett sneaks in from behind to take out Danhausen with the stolen Golden Globe award. Singh pins Danhausen with one foot on his chest.
- Britt Baker finds Ruby Soho backstage after Dynamite and they argue with each other. Soho said she didn’t need Britt’s help to beat Toni Storm. Britt Baker tells her to grow a backbone and pick a side.
- Powerhouse Hobbs defeats Tony Mud. Powerhouse brings The Book of Hobbs to the ring with him. This was a quick squash, with Hobbs winning after slamming Mud down out of a torture rack.
- Top Flight cuts a promo. After beating the Young Bucks, they want to join AR Fox in going after The Elite’s AEW world trios titles.
- Dustin Rhodes cuts a promo. He thanks the fans for being there for him after his tough month. Swerve and Mogul Affiliates interrupt and threaten to take out another old man. Dustin refuses to back down. AEW officials get involved and pull him away before any violence ensues.
- Mark Henry throws to a video package hyping up the main event match of Jamie Hayter vs. Emi Sakura. It’s time for the main event.
- Red Velvet challenges Jade Cargill to a match next week on Dynamite, looking to stop Jade from going 50-0.
- Jamie Hayter defeats Emi Sakura. Hayter hit multiple exploder suplexes late in the fight, followed up with a running back elbow in the corner. She hits a backbreaker for a near fall. Sakura gets back in it with a delayed vertical backbreaker. Sakura counters a running clothesline into a crucifix pin for a near fall. Hayter connects with a lariat but Sakura kicks out. Hayter holds Sakura off the top buckle for a cutter. Sakura comes back with a Tiger Driver and a moonsault press, but Hayter escapes the pin attempt. Emi smacks Jamie in the face multiple times. Hayter abruptly puts her down with a lariat. Jamie picks up with win after nailing Hayterade.
- That’s the end of the show, folks!