Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from Save Mart Center in Fresno, California (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s main event is Action Andretti vs. Daniel Garcia.
Elsewhere on the card we’ll see Jungle Boy vs. Ethan Page, Brian Cage vs. Willie Mack, Jade Cargill and Leila Grey in a tag team match, Eddie Kingston has something to say, and more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR JAN. 20
- The opening match on Rampage is “Jungle Boy” Jack Perry vs. Ethan Page. Page is already in the ring while Boy gets his entrance televised. Matt Hardy, Stokely Hathaway, and Isiah Kassidy are ringside.
- Jungle Boy defeats Ethan Page. Page tries a sneak attack during Boy’s entrance pose on the buckle, but Jungle slips out of his grip for Ego’s Edge. A little while later Page is bickering outside the ring with Matt Hardy. Page gets the better of Jungle and then tells Matt to raise his hand in the air like he’s a winner. Later in the match, Jungle is unable to get Ethan up for a suplex, and he eats a back body drop for his troubles. Page gets him up for a powerslam and a near fall.Jungle is vulnerable outside the ring, and Page orders Matt to toss him into the ring. Matt hesitates, and that’s when HOOK comes out. Matt’s back is turned to the ring as he stares at HOOK. Page tries to grab Matt’s ponytail for leverage on a pin attempt. Hardy smacks Ethan’s hand away without realizing it’s him, and Jungle turns it around for a pin fall on Page and the win.
- After the match, Ethan and Stokely blame Matt for the loss. Hardy denies he screwed up on purpose and says he’s on Ethan’s side. Ethan says he can prove it by teaming up with him to take on JUNGLEHOOK next week on Dynamite.
- Tony Schiavone is in the ring for an interview with Ortiz. Ortiz is upset with Eddie Kingston for thinking about hitting a woman with a chair. He calls Eddie out to the ring to handle this like men, face-to-face. Kingston comes out with a chair and they face off. Ortiz says their mentor Homicide would call him a coward and a fake tough guy. Eddie reacts by hitting him in the gut with the chair and the back, and walking out. Ortiz is left writhing in pain in the middle of the ring.
- Darby Allin cuts a promo saying he won’t slow down or take it easy. He wants Buddy Matthews in a TNT title match on Dynamite.
- Brian Cage defeats Willie Mack. The big men trade some acrobatics in the ring, with Willie getting the better of it and finishing the sequence with a Samoan Drop. Cage recovers and lands a German suplex. Cage repeatedly kicks Mack in the corner, and hits a running boot to his face in the corner. Mack fights back with some slaps and punches to the face, but Cage slams him spine first down onto the edge of the ring apron as we go to commercial break. Later in the fight, Mack rocks Cage with a jumping kick to the face. Mack hits a Sky High for a near fall. Cage comes back with a superkick and jumping knee strike. Cage hits a powerbomb and a Drill Claw for the pin fall victory.
- The AEW commentators wish good luck to the Jacksonville Jaguars this weekend. Chris Jericho says he will be at the game and probably kicking someone’s ass.
- Jade Cargill & Leila Grey defeat The Vanity Sisters (Jordyn & Jaina). There wasn’t much to this one. Leila and Jade exchange a couple tags while dominating the competition. Leila seems to have the match won with a facebuster, but Jade tells her to tag out. Jade tags in and wins the match with Jaded.
- There’s a hype video for the main event match of Action Andretti vs. Daniel Garcia. Mark Henry says it’s time for the main event. Sammy Guevara is on commentary and Garcia is wearing his new leather pants for the match.
- Action Andretti defeats Daniel Garcia. Garcia charges in before the opening bell rings and puts the boots to Andretti in the corner. Andretti comes back with some chops and lands a tornillo. Action hits a topé on the outside. He goes for a baseball slide dropkick, but Garcia dodges it and clotheslines him as we go to a commercial break. Later in the match, Andretti wipes Garcia out with a moonsault to the outside. A split-legged moonsault gets a near fall. Garcia catches Action in a chokehold, but Andretti turns it into a pin attempt which forces a break. Garcia smacks Andretti out of the air but can’t put him away. Garcia s frustrated and appeals to Jericho and Guevara on commentary. Andretti hits the tornillo from the top and follows up with the running shooting star press for the pin fall win.
- Jericho and Guevara look on in dismay from the commentary table after the match. Jerichos wears that Le Sex Gods will beat Andretti and Ricky Starks on Dynamite.
- That’s the end of the show.