Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from the Kia Forum in Los Angeles, California (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s main event is a Street Fight pitting the team of Ruby Soho and Willow Nightingale against Tay Melo and Anna Jay.
Elsewhere on the card we’ll see Darby Allin vs. Juice Robinson for the TNT title, Ortiz and Eddie Kingston vs. Kings of the Black Throne, we’ll hear from Paul Walter Hauser and The Acclaimed, and more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR JAN. 13
- Rampage kicks off with Darby Alin vs. Juice Robinson for the TNT championship. Both men are already in the ring to start the show, and Chris Jericho is on commentary.
- Darby Allin defeats Juice Robinson to retain the TNT title. Darby nailed his high speed suicide dive late in the match. Juice used his size advantage to get back in it with a senton on Darby. He followed up with a gut buster for a two count. Juice missed a cannonball in the corner. Darby hits Code Red for a near fall. Darby goes up for the Coffin Drop but takes too long due to damage, so Juice gets up and crotches him on the buckle. Juice hits a jackhammer for a two count. Darby turns the tide with a scorpion death drop, and follows up with a Coffin Drop for the pin fall victory. Sting comes out afterwards and celebrates with Darby.
- Powerhouse Hobbs is still talking about The Book of Hobbs and hurting people.
- Renee Paquette is on the stage with some kind of Hollywood Walk of Fame cement gimmick, and she welcomes The Acclaimed. Max Caster raps about Joe Biden documents and a reference to WWE selling out for blood money. Anthony Bowens scissors Daddy Ass. Bowens sucks up to Los Angeles fans and asks everyone to put their scissoring fingers in the air. As Daddy Ass and The Acclaimed are about to put their scissoring fingers in the cement, the Ass Boys come out to interrupt. They say the only reason The Acclaimed is popular is because they stole the Ass Boys’ dad away from them. The Ass Boys go to put their hands in the cement because they are the real stars. As they go to do it, Daddy Ass and The Acclaimed pull down their pants. The Ass Boys end up sitting in the cement in their underwear, humiliated. This was very bad.
- Swerve Strickland and Mogul Affiliates cut a promo. They are going to be the most violent and gruesome force in AEW in 2023.
- Kings of the Black Throne defeat Ortiz & Eddie Kingston. Commentary played up a lack of trust between Kingston and Ortiz. Brody overpowers Ortiz with strikes early on. Ortiz locks Brody’s head and drags him to the corner, but Eddie isn’t in a rush to tag himself in. He finally gets in there in time to mix it up with Malakai Black. Eddie and Malakai each try their finishing strikes but they both miss, before sitting down in the ring and staring at each other going into the commercial break. Ortiz tries to drag Eddie over to him for a tag later in the fight, but Eddie doesn’t appreciate the assist. Brody hits Eddie with a lariat. Kingston takes him out with a suplex and slowly walks over to Ortiz for the tag. He hesitates long enough for Malakai to tag in and attack Eddie. Eddie has another chance to tag out but doesn’t take it. Ortiz illegally comes in with a flying knee but Malakai takes him out. Buddy Matthews run in with a tag but Eddie takes it from him. Julia Hart comes from behind Eddie and feigns as if Eddie was going to hit her with the chair. Ortiz sees her screaming in terror and confronts Eddie about why he’s trying to hit a woman. Eddie and Ortiz argue about the situation, and House of Black takes advantage with a kick and pin on Eddie for the win.
- After the match, HoB grabs Ortiz and says something to him before leaving. Ortiz gets back in the ring and has some words with Eddie. Ortiz walks out, leaving Eddie frustrated in the ring.
- Jade Cargill cuts a promo talking down about Red Velvet.
- Golden Globe award winner Paul Walter Hauser is in the ring with Renee Paquette, professing his love for pro wrestling. He always passes up Connecticut and heads to Jacksonville, because you never know what will happen in AEW. Danhausen interrupts and wants the Golden Globe award, because he’s the top merch seller in AEW. Hauser seems open to the idea, but they are interrupted by Jeff Jarrett and his crew. Hauser talks trash on Jarrett’s look and gimmick. Sonjay Dutt puts his hands on Hauser, leading to the celeb punching him. Jay Lethal sucker punches Hauser. Satnam Singh neutralizes Danhausen while Jarrett smashes a guitar over Hauser’s head. Orange Cassidy and the Best Friends come out for the save, and the heels run away. Lethal stole Hauser’s Golden Globe award on the way out.
- Mark Henry says it’s time for the main event Street Fight between Ruby Soho & Willow Nightingale and Tay Melo & Anna Jay.
- Ruby Soho & Willow Nightingale defeat Tay Melo & Anna Jay in a Street Fight. Soho and Nightingale attack the heels during their entrance. They get right into a violent weapons-filled brawl, and Ruby is busted open heading into the commercial break. Later in the fight, Melo passes barbed wire to Jay. Jay wraps her arm in it and goes for the Queenslayer choke on Willow. Ruby gets in there with a chain around her first and punches Jay’s skull until she breaks the hold. There’s a tower of doom spot, with the heels and Ruby being launched onto a pile of chairs in the middle of the ring. Anna Jay is busted open. Nightingale catches Melo in a spinebuster, Ruby smashes Anna with a garbage can cannonball senton in the corner. Willow hits a Death Valley Driver onto the apron on Jay. Melo blasts Willow with a trash can lid. Willow and Anna crawl up the ramp towards the stage. Ruby sets up a table ringside. Willow flies off the stage with Anna for a powerbomb, overshooting a table. Back at ringside, Melo piledrives Ruby through a table. Ruby somehow kicks out of the pin fall attempt. Tay brings thumbtacks into the ring, spreading them out in the center of the ring. Ruby counters another pildedriver attempt. Ruby grabs a pile of tacks and throws it in Melo’s face. A blood-soaked Ruby hits her finisher on Tay in the thumbtacks for the pin fall.
- The babyfaces celebrate together in the ring as Rampage goes off the air.