Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way LIVE from NOW Arena in Hoffman Estates, Illinois.
Tonight’s episode features the semi-final of the Rampage side of the AEW Trios Championship Tournament bracket. The winner of Hangman Page, John Silver & Alex Reynolds vs. Best Friends will advance to All Out this Sunday to face The Elite for the belts.
Also set for tonight: A rematch between Ruby Soho & Ortiz vs. Tay Melo & Sammy Guevara, Mark Henry sits down with TBS champ Jade Cargill & her All Out challenger Athena, we hear from Tag titleholders Swerve in our Glory & their PPV opponents The Acclaimed, Ricky Starks takes on QT Marshall, and more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR SEPT. 2
- Rampage kicks off with Hangman Page and Dark Order against Orange Cassidy and Best Friends in the AEW World Trios Championship Tournament.
- Page & Dark Order defeat Orange Cassidy & Best Friends to advance to the final tourney match at All Out. There was a lot of comedy early on, with Danhausen was ejected from ringside, Dark Order copying the Best Friends’ hug, and Orange Cassidy scaring John Silver with his lazy kicks. Things got serious after that, with Page getting double chokeslammed through a table on the outside. Silver kicked out of the pin of Cassidy’s beach break. Cassidy landed the assisted pyramid splash on the Dark Order, but the pin was broken up at the last second. Page nailed Cassidy with Dead Eye, but the Best Friends broke up that pin attempt. Best Friends hit a spiked Stong Zero on the outside on the Dark Order. Page missed the Buckshot Lariat and walks right into Orange Punch. John Silver rolled up Chuck Taylor for the three count amidst the chaos.
- Eddie Kingston cuts a promo on Tomohiro Ishii ahead of their match on the All Out pre-show.
- Rey Fenix defeats Blake Christian. Christian got some moves in, but Fenix spiked Blake’s head right into the mat for the sudden pin fall victory.
- “Daddy Magic” Matt Menard & “Cool Hand Ang” Angelo Parker interrupt a HOOK interview backstage to talk trash ahead of Parker’s FTW title match with HOOK at All Out. HOOK takes his shirt off and tensions escalate, but Jericho’s lackeys walk away before fists are exchanged.
- Ruby Soho & Ortiz defeat Tay Melo & Sammy Guevara in a mixed tag team match. This was a rematch from a recent episode of Rampage. The finish came after Ortiz neutralized Gyevara with a suplex, leaving Melo there to be rolled up by Soho for the win. Soho made it clear she wants Guevara and Melo’s AAA mixed tag titles. These teams will fight again at All Out for those belts on the pre-show.
- Don Callis has some confrontational words for Hangman Page in the locker room.
- Mark Henry has a sit-down interview with Athena & Jade Cargill. Athena walks off after some verbal fire towards the TBS champion.
- Daddy Ass & The Acclaimed exchange trash talk with Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland backstage.
- FTR & Wardlow are in the ring for a promo.Dax Harwood explains why his trios match at All Out means so much to him. Out come the Motor City Machine Guns, Satnam Singh, Jay Lethal, and Sonjay Dutt for the interruption. Harwood prompts the audience to chant “Asshole!” at them. Dutt refers to Harwood’s eight year old little brat, which sets Dax off. He has to be restrained as the segment comes to an end.
- Mark Henry interviews Ricky Starks and QT Marshall ahead of their main event match. Starks locked the rest of The Factory in their locker room, forcing QT to go it alone. QT falls for the bait, looking to unlock his allies. Starks ambushes him and drags QT to the ring to begin the match early.
- Ricky Starks defeats QT Marshall. Marshall tried to cheat his way to a win with boots on the rope during a pin, but it didn’t work. A couple of The Factory guys manage to make their way to ringside. Starks is hit with a Diamond Cutter after getting rid of them, but it’s not enough for the three count. Starks spears QT in half and hits his finisher for the pin fall victory.
- Powerhouse Hobbs storms the ring after the match. There is a pull apart brawl between Hobbs and Starks in the ring. Bryan Danielson shows up at the commentary table for a staredown with Chris Jericho while officials struggle to keep Hobbs and Starks away from each other inside the ring.
- That’s the end of the show, folks!