Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at a special start time of 7:00 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday show comes our way on tape from Fertitta Center in Houston, Texas (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and chose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s card features Blackpool Combat Club vs. Dante Martin & Matt Sydal in the main event.
Also set for tonight: Kris Statlander vs. Red Velvet in the Owen Hart tournament, Shawn Spears vs. a mystery giant, House of Black in action, the latest on HOOK & Danhausen, Scorpio Sky demands that Sammy Guevara returns the TNT title, and more!
Come right back here at 7:00 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR MAY 20
- Rampage kicks off with House of Black vs. Evil Uno, Preston Vance, and Fuego del Sol.
- Uno and Vance work Malakai Black over in the corner in the early going. Black elbows his way out of it and wraps Vance’s leg up in a submission. Fuego tags himself in and runs into an arm drag from Black. Buddy Matthews tags in and uses Penta Oscuro’s arm snap on Fuego, who is writhing in pain. Uno tags back in. All three members of House of Black work together with stereo kicks to put Uno down. Fuego tags back in but gets knocked out of the ring to the floor below as we go to break.Later in the fight, Fuego takes Buddy out with a standing Spanish Fly. Vance tags in and clotheslines Brody King over the top rope. Uno wipes out Matthews and King with a cannonball senton to the outside. Vance is left alone in the ring with Black. Malakai locks the knee bar in again, but Uno breaks the hold. Uno and King tag in. Uno hits three consecutive running kicks to the head. King backdrops his way out of a powerbomb attempt. He eventually nails the Gonzo Bomb for the win. House of Black defeats Evil Uno, Preston Vance, and Fuego del Sol.
- After the match, Death Triangle make their entrance and reveal a tombstone with the Double or Nothing logo on it and the House of Black written underneath.
- Max Caster, Billy Gunn, and the Ass Boys wish Anthony Bowens well after he was hurt earlier this week. They invite him to a scissoring party when he’s feeling better.
- Tony Schiavone interviews FTR backstage. They respond to Roppongi Vice’s challenge with a Yes for Dynamite next week.
- Shawn Spears is up next in a match against “A Giant” to prove that he can beat Wardlow. Big Damo (fka Killian Dain) comes out as the giant opponent. Damo charges Spears in the corner, so Spears runs out of the ring to avoid him. Damo shakes off a kick to the jaw and takes Spears down with a flying crossbody. Damo hits a cannonball senton but misses a Vader Bomb. Spears hits a knee to the jaw and then puts Damo away with his C4 finisher. Shawn Spears defeats Big Damo.
- Spears cuts a promo after the match. The fans chant for Wardlow. Spears the Giant Killer vows to beat Wardlow in the steel cage main event match next week on Dynamite.
- The Undisputed Elite have an interview backstage. Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly are confident they will meet up in the finals of the Owen Hart tournament. The Young Bucks challenge The Hardys for a tag team dream match at Double or Nothing.
- The next match is Kris Statlander vs. Red Velvet in the Owen Hart tournament. Ruby Soho joins the commentary team. Statlander bacls Velvet into the corner and one-arm press slams her down to the mat. Kris ragdolls Red around the ring. Statlander goes for a baseball slide to the outside, but Velvet uses the ring apron to catch and trap her. Statlander comes back and slams Velvet onto the edge of the ring apron, right in front of The Baddies section, as we go to break. Later in the fight, Statlander almost gets the three count after a massive German suplex. Velvet knees her way out of a standard suplex and hits the Final Slice. Statlander kicks out of the pin attempt. Kris withstands multiple elbow strikes and puts Velvet down with a Blue Thunder Bomb. Velvet counters Statlander’s finisher into a pinning position, but Kris counters right back with her own pin for the win. Kris Statlander defeats Red Velvet and advances in the Owen Hart tournament.
- Jade Cargill and The Baddies attack Statlander after the match. Soho runs in but is also subdued by the heels. Anna Jay comes out, grabs Mark Sterling’s crutch, and runs off the heels.
- There’s a quick training video showing HOOKhausen and Tony Nese & Mark Sterling preparing for their tag team match at Double or Nothing.
- Dan Lambert and Men of the Year are in the ring. Scorpio Sky demands that Sammy Guevara comes out and returns his TNT title. Guevara and Tay Conti appear on the big screen and threaten to destroy the title with a sledgehammer if they don’t give him his match at the PPV. Lambert says no. Guevara and Frankie Kazarian repeatedly bash the title with the sledgehammer. Guevara says the match is going to happen anyway. The heels are irate in the ring about what happened to the TNT championship.
- Britt Baker and Toni Storm cut a promo for next week’s Owen Hart tournament match. Storm says Baker is the one who will need dental work if she tries any funny business in their match.
- Mark Henry interviews Blackpool Combat Club and Matt Sydal & Dante Martin ahead of their main event tag team match, which is up next.
- Jade Cargill tells Tony Schiavone to cut the shit. She issues a challenge to Anna Jay to come for her TBS title at Double or Nothing.
- William Regal is on commentary for the main event match. Jericho is also in the booth with Jake Hager watching his back. Moxley and Danielson jump Martin and Sydal before the bell rings to start the match. Bryan stretches Martin with the Romero special and claws at his face. Moxley tags in and alternates left and right body blows into Martin. Sydal tags in and tries to chop Mox down with fast kicks. They go back and forth with chops. Mox catches Sydal in mid-air and drops him right onto the top rope. Danielson takes Sydal out with a running knee as we go to break. Later in the fight, Dante Martin flies over the top rope with impressive hang time to take out both Mox and Danielson. Moxley catches Sydal in a chokehold and tries to put him to sleep on the outside. Danielson nails Martin with a double underhook superplex and transitions right into a LeBell Lock upon impact. Martin is fighting like the hell and eventually gets his foot on the bottom rope to break the hold. Bryan is relentless, now kicking the crap out of Dante. Sydal and Moxley get back in the mix. Mox is rocked with stereo roundhouse kicks. Sydal lands a meteora on Bryan while Dante hits his springboard moonsault on Mox for a near fall. Mox swats away a dropkick from the top rope and piledrives Martin for a near fall. Mox and Bryan hammer down with elbows onto their foes. Moxley finishes Dante off with the Paradigm Shift for the win. Blackpool Combat Club defeats Matt Sydal & Dante Martin.
- Jericho Appreciation Society runs down and meets Blackpool Combat Club for a brawl on the ramp. Ortiz and Santana join the fray, and it’s pure chaos as Rampage goes off the air.