Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at a special start time of 5:30 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday show comes our way on tape from UBS Arena at Belmont Park in Long Island, New York (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and chose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s card features Scorpio Sky vs. Frankie Kazarian for the TNT title in the main event.
Also set for tonight: Riho battles Ruby Soho in the Owen Hart Foundation tournament, Death Triangle in action, an interview with Jade Cargill & The Baddies, and more!
Come right back here at 5:30 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR MAY 13
- Rampage kicks off with Death Triangle vs. The Butcher, The Blade, and Marq Quen in a trios match.
- Penta kicks Blade in the lower abdomen. With PAC holding open Blade’s legs, Penta comes crashing down from the top rope with a stomp to Blade’s sensitive area down south. Butcher tags in and is subdued by various kicks and dropkicks from PAC. Quen and Rey Fenix both tag in. Fenix is a step behind Quen and is taken out with his fast feet. But Fenix comes back with his own fancy footwork and lands a stomp on Quen. Butcher gets involved and helps send Fenix tumbling to the outside as we go to break. Later in the fight, Rey survvies a double team beating from Butcher and Blade. He takes out Blade with a spinning heel kick and tags in Penta. Penta superkicks Quen and nails the slingblade on Butcher. he spikes Butcher with a nasty DDT. PAC tags in and kicks the hell out of Quen. PAC follows up with a release German suplex. Fenix tags in and works with Penta to hit Quen with Fear Factor. PAC tags in and puts him away with Black Arrow. Death Triangle defeats The Butcher, The Blade, and Marq Quen.
- The lights go out after the match. The lights are back on and House of Black is in the ring! Malakai Black stands up and the lights go out. When the lights return, House of Black is gone.
- Next up is Shawn Spears vs. Bear Boulder. Spears does the 10 taunt to Bear’s face. Boulder grips his throat and picks him up, plating him with a slam.Bear charges Spears in the corner but Shawn avoids it. Spears pummels Bear with fists to the face. Bear breaks it up and this time hits the running charge in the corner on him. Bear climns up the buckle and pays for it, with Spears getting a hold of him in the perfect position for the C4 finisher. Shawn Spears defeats Bear Boulder.
- After the match, Spears hits Bear with a chair and talks trash towards Wardlow.
- Tony Nese and Mark Sterling are interviewed about their match at Double or Nothing against HOOKHAUSEN. Sterling wants nothing to do with the fight, but Nese says he can beat both of them by himself.
- Now we have Riho vs. Ruby Soho in the first round of the women’s Owen Hart Foundation tournament.
- They shake hands to begin the match. They go back and forth early on, with Soho eventually stopping Riho in her tracks with a boot to the gut. Riho runs into a back elbow from Soho, and Ruby follows up by using her legs to drive Riho face first into the buckle. Ruby’s knee is a little messed up on impact, and Riho pounces on it when she has the chance. Riho hits a release dragon suplex. She hits a northern lights suplex later on but Ruby kicks out before the three count. Ruby strikes Riho with an elbow. Riho counters Ruby’s Bladerunner finisher with a crucifix bomb, but she doesn’t hook the leg on the pin, so Ruby kicks out. Ruby nails a backdrop driver, but Riho kicks out of the pin. Ruby catches Riho in the Bladerunner for the win. Ruby Soho defeats Riho and advances in the Owen Hart tournament.
- Billy Gunn is backstage with his Ass Boys and The Acclaimed trying to come up with hand gestures and catchphrases for their new faction. Ass Boys suggest various DX moves and Bully says that junk will never get over. Billy says he has them booked in a match on Dark: Elevation, and they explode in excitement.
- Jade Cargill, The Baddies, and Mark Sterling are in the ring with Tony Schiavone for an interview. Tony announces that Hikaru Shida was injured in the Street Fight against Serena Deeb and is out of the Owen Hart tournament. Sterling suggests that Red Velvet wins against Shida by forfeit and should advance. Schiavone says that won’t be the case, because Tony Khan has named Kris Statlander as Shida’s replacement. It will be Statlander vs. Velvet next week on Rampage in the first round of the Owen Hart tournament.
- Mark Henry interviews Scorpio Sky and Frankie Kazarian ahead of their TNT title match. Ethan Page and Dan Lambert interrupt, talking trash about Kazarian. Scorpio doesn’t appreciate it. He tells Page and Lambert to take the rest of the night off.
- The crowd chants SCU and both men show each other respect to start the title fight. Kazarian takes Sky down with a fireman’s carry. Kazarian outwrestles Sky at every turn, exchanging holds and counter holds. Sky looks to catch Frankie in the TKO, but Kazarian turns it into a chicken wing attempt. Both men butt heads and are knocked loopy. Kazarian turns a Russian leg sweep into a backslide. Kazarian hits a fisherman’s suplex with a bridge for a near fall. Sky sends Frankie to the floor and follows up with a flipping dive over the top rope right onto his former partner. Later in the fight, Kazarian takes Sky down with a lariat. Sky comes back with a TKO attempt, but Kazarian turns it into a small package for a near fall. Frankie follows up with a leg drop for another near fall. Sky escapes from a chicken wing with a jawbreaker. Kazarian slingshots Sky from the apron over the rope right into a cutter variation. He keeps trying for the chicken wing but can’t lock the fingers. Sky is going down, but Dan Lambert runs to the ring. He distracts the ref. Ethan Page comes out of nowhere with the TNT title and strikes Kaz with it. Kaz kicks out of the pin attempt! Kazarian is slow to his feet. Sky stick him with the TKO and wins the match. Scorpio Sky defeats Frankie Kazarian to retain the TNT title.
- Sky picks Frankie up after the match. Frankie explains that Lambert and Page cheated to screw him over. Sky yells at them. Page yells right back at him, asking whose team is he on? Sky goes head-to-head with him, but then turns right around and smashes Frankie with the title. Lambert says he loves it when a plan comes together as Sky embraces him and Page. Sammy Guevara and Tay Conti hit the ring, and the heels run off.
- That’s the end of the show, folks!