Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from Agganis Arena in Boston, Massachusetts (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and chose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s card features Jon Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta in the main event.
Also set for tonight: Bryan Danielson vs. Trent Beretta, Swerve Strickland vs. QT Marshall, and Red Velvet vs. Willow Nightingale in a qualifying match for the women’s Owen Hart Foundation tournament.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR APR. 8
- Rampage kicks off with Bryan Danielson vs. Trent Beretta, with both men already in the ring ready to go.
- There is a stalemate early on, with neither man able to get an advantage. That changes when Bryan lands a kick to Trent’s mid section on an over the top rope splash attempt. Trent comes back with a Saito suplex on the outside. Bryan recovers and throws Trent head first into the steel steps as we go to commercial. Later in the match, Bryan is targeting Trent’s surgically-repaired neck, and lands a front headlock suplex. Trent is far from done, and he manages to catch Bryan with a superplex. Danielson comes back with a suplex of his own and then a dragon sleeper. He follows up with knees to the face. Trent tries to reverse a piledriver into Strong Zero, leading to a series of quick pin attempts between both men. Trent hits a tornado DDT for a near fall. Bryan crotches Trent on the top buckle. Bryan goes for a back suplex from that position, but Trent reverses momentum mid air and crashes on top of Bryan for another near fall. Trent nails a big lariat for anther near fall. Beretta is pummeling Bryan into the ropes with repeated strikes. He runs into the ropes, but Bryan catches him with the running knee. Bryan successfully executes the piledriver this time, and then kicks in Trent’s head. He cranks on Trent’s neck for the submission victory. Bryan Danielson defeats Trent Beretta.
- HOOK is backstage in the locker room for an interview, but he eats chips and says nothing. As HOOK goes to leave, Danhausen pops out of a garbage can to try to curse him. It doesn’t work. HOOK tosses his bag of chips into the trash with Danhausen. Danhausen picks up bag and has a bite while trying to figure out why he can’t curse HOOK.
- Dan Lambert, Scorpio Sky, and Ethan Page are in the ring talking about how great Scorpio is. Sammy Guevara and Tay Conti interrupt talking trash in response. They call Lambert a sexist piece of shit. Lambert says they need to talk less about their physical intimacy. Page calls them a PR disaster waiting to happen and says he’s a good dad. Guevara doesn’t give a shit about Page’s kid. If the heels continue to refuse his TNT title rematch request, just wait until they see what Guevara and Conti do next.
- Next up is Swerve Strickland vs. QT Marshall. QT is Chris Jericho’s Sports Entertainer of the week. Most of the match takes place during a commercial break. Strickland hits QT with a rolling Flatliner and a back heel kick to the back of the head for the win. Swerve Strickland defeats QT Marshall.
- After the match is over, Ricky Starks grabs a mic at the commentary table and says there will be a tag team match next week on Dynamite in Ricky’s hometown in New Orleans. It will be Powerhouse Hobbs & Starks vs. Keith Lee & Strickland.
- We get a quick video hyping up Marina Shafir as Jade Cargill’s next opponent.
- Now it’s Red Velvet vs. Willow Nightingale in an Owen Hart tournament qualifying match. Willow takes Red down with a shoulder block and then a shoulder tackle.Willow with a scoop slam, but she misses in a senton. Velvet unleashes strikes in the corner. Willow comes back with a suplex, and this time nails the follow up senton. Velvet rolls away from a moonsault attempt. Velvet blasts Willow with Just Desserts but it’s not enough for the three count. Willow catches Red with a spinebuster for a near fall. Both women are striking each other in the middle of the ring. Willow pounces Red into oblivion and hits a cannonball in the corner. Velvet kicks out of the pin attempt. Red slips out of a suplex attempt and hits a corkscrew kick for the pin. Red Velvet defeats Willow Nightingale and qualifies for the Owen Hart tournament.
- Tony Nese is interviewed backstage. He’s pissed off because he’s the hottest free agent signing in AEW history but gets no respect. Mark Sterling approaches him and offers his legal services. They walk off together to discuss this opportunity.
- Mark Henry interviews Jon Moxley and Wheeler Yuta ahead of their main event match, which is coming up next. Wheeler Yuta is not scared of Jon Moxley and will earn his respect tonight. Moxley said it’s not his job to show him respect, his only job is to spill Yuta’s guts all over the arena so everyone can find out what he’s really made of.
- Yuta with a crazy flying dive on Moxley during Jon’s entrance. They brawl into the crowd. Wheeler rams Moxley’s head into the guardrail and now rolls him into the ring. The bell rings to officially start the match. Moxley drops Yuta with a vertical suplex.He chops Yuta in the corner. Yuta chops back, and Mox puts him down with a big boot. Moxley is punching and clawing away at Yuta’s nose and mouth.Yuta fires back with chops, and Mox comes back with a headbutt. Yuta is sent over the top rope. He stomps Yuta face first into the steel steps. Yuta is busted open as we go to commercial break. It’s a bloodbath when we return. Yuta is staggering around due to blood loss. He sends Moxley out of the ring, climbs to the top rope, and splashes Mox through a table. Moxley actually gets back in the ring first, because Yuta is affected by the blood loss. Yuta with a deadlift German suplex on Mox. Yuta grabs Mox’s wrists and kicks his head in, just like Bryan Danielson would. The crowd is chanting for Yuta. He goes up to pand lands a flying splash on Mox for a near fall. Yuta now locks in a crossface. Moxley comes back with a King Kong lariat, but it’s not enough for the three count. Yuta is still bleeding all over the place. Mox punches him in the face. Yuta no sells it and demands more. Moxley takes a bite out of Yuta’s bloody head. He nails the Paradigm Shift. Yuta kicks out! Moxley cannot believe it! He’s in the ref’s face in disbelief. Moxley now locks in the bulldog choke. Yuta refuses to tap out. Yuta lures Mox in and rolls him up. He then locks in the bulldog choke on Mox. Moxley gets out of the hold. He elbows the hell out of Yuta’s jaw. One more (high angle) Paradigm Shift. Yuta kicks out again! Moxley locks in his choke again, and bloody Yuta Wheeler goes to sleep. Jon Moxley defeats Wheeler Yuta.
- Bryan Danielson and William Regal enter the ring. Yuta dares them all to fight him. Regal instead extends his hand. Yuta shakes Regal’s hand.
- That’s the end of the show, folks!