Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from Petersen Events Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and chose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s card features Jade Cargill defending the TBS title against Marina Shafir. Can Jade continue her winning streak to an impressive 30-0 record?
Also set for tonight: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Adam Cole in a qualifying match for the Owen Hart Foundation tournament, Lance Archer vs. Serpentico, Eddie Kingston vs. Daniel Garcia, various interviews, and more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR APR. 22
- Rampage kicks off with Tomohiro Ishii and Adam Cole already in the ring, ready to begin their Owen Hart Foundation tournament qualifying match. Rocky Romero and Orange Cassidy are ringside.
- Cole backs Ishii into the corner with repeated strikes. He celebrates with his “Bay-Bay” shtick a little too early, and Ishii knocks him on his ass as a result. Both men fight to the outside, where Cole rams Ishii into the post. Cole controls Ishii on the mat back inside the ring, even mocking him by slapping Tomohiro in the head. Ishii no sells the next few strikes and knocks Cole down with one blow. Ishii follows up with a powerslam. Ishii lands a superplex coming out of the commercial break, but Cole kicks out of the pin attempt. Cole suddenly lands a blow to Ishii’s chin to knock him for a loop. Cole tries to follow up by lowering the boom, but Ishii avoids it. Ishii eats a superkick and no sells it. He fires up and clobbers Cole, with both men now collapsed on the mat. Ishii with a headbutt, Cole comes back with a superkick, and Ishii puts him down with a lariat. Jay White shows up and attacks Rocky Romero on the outside. Cole lands a low blow while the ref is distracted by that situation. He then lowers the boom for the win. Adam Cole defeats Tomohiro Ishii and qualifies for the Owen Hart Foundation tournament.
- Footage is shown from earlier today of Jericho and all the non-Daniel Garcia members of his Appreciation Society being barred from the venue by security. Jericho is irate about a star of his magnitude being treated like this. Garcia will have to go at it alone against Eddie Kingston tonight.
- HOOK is confronted by Danhausen backstage. Danhausen is holding a big bag of chips. HOOK pushes him up against the wall and says Danhausen has his attention. Danhausen wasn’t expecting that reaction from HOOK.
- Lance Archer vs. Serpentico is next, with Shawn Spears on commentary. The Murderhawk Monster squashes Serpentico and quickly wins with his finisher. Lance Archer defeats Serpentico.
- Archer chokeslams Serpentico multiple times after the match is over.
- There’s a video hyping up Tony Nese, who is aligned with Mark Sterling.
- Next up is Daniel Garcia vs. Eddie Kingston in a grudge match where everyone is banned from ringside.
- Garcia controls the pace early on, hitting and moving to keep Eddie off balance. Garcia rams Kingston into the ringpost on the outside right before the commercial break. Later in the match, Garcia locks in an abdominal stretch. He transitions it into a German suplex. Kingston comes back with a flying knee to the back of Garcia’s head, but it doesn’t keep Garcia down for long. Eddie eventually lands a poke to the eye and then an exploder suplex. He hits a backdrop of Garcia and wallops him with the spinning backfist for the win. Eddie Kingston defeats Daniel Garcia.
- Eddie teases a belt-whipping for Garcia after the match, But he instead grabs a mic and says he’s saving the whipping for Jericho.
- Tony Schiavone interviews Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland backstage. Lee is pissed off at Taz for costing them their tag match last week. Swerve says they will pay them back in blood, because the war is not over.
- Tony Schiavone interviews Britt Baker, Jamie Hayter, and Toni Storm backstage. Storm plans to beat both of them in the Owen Hart Foundation tournament.
- Mark Henry interviews Jade Cargill and Marina Shafir ahead of their TBS title match in the main event, coming up next.
- Shafir starts off with some leg kicks and a rear choke, but Cargill powers her down to the mat. She clotheslines Marina out of the ring. The Baddies throw popcorn on Shafir. The Baddies then attack Shafir while Sterling distracts the ref. Cargill stomps Shafir’s spine back inside the ring. Cargill lands a backdrop but it’s not enough for the three count. Later in the fight, Shafir takes Jade down with a hip throw. She locks in a kneebar in the center of the ring. Jade crawls over and grabs the rope to break the hold. Marina rams Jade’s knee into the ringpost. Jade is hobbling around, so Sterling causes a distraction. He eats a hip throw from Shafir for his troubles. Shafir is distracted by the Baddies and falls victim to Jade’s pump kick. Jade then chokeslams Shafir onto the timekeeper’s table. Jade rolls her into the ring. The champ gloats a little too long and has her ankle picked by Marina. Cargill hammers down onto Marina with her other boot until the grip is broken. Jade then picks Marina up and hits Jaded for the win. Jade Cargill defeats Marina Shafir to retain the TBS championship.
- Cargill, Sterling, and the Baddies celebrate Jade’s 30-0 undefeated record as the show goes off the air.