Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at a special start time of 7 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way live from the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland, Texas.
Tonight’s card features Hangman Page defending the AEW world championship against Adam Cole in a Texas death match.
Also set for tonight: The Blackpool Combat Club (Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley, Wheeler Yuta) takes on the Gunn Club in a trios match. Finally, Ruby Soho goes one-on-one with Robyn Renegade in a qualifying match for the upcoming women’s Owen Hart tournament.
Come right back here at 7 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR APR. 15
- Rampage kicks off with Blackpool Combat Club vs. Gunn Club in a trios match. The Blackpool Combat Club members all make separate entrances. William Regal is at commentary. Gunn Club is already waiting in the ring for them.
- Wheeler Yuta raining down right hands on Austin Gunn. Colten tags in and doesn’t fair much better. Yuta is aggressive and has him tangled up on the mat. Danielson tags in and continues the submission torture with the Romero special. Ass Dad tags in and takes a few kicks before wiping out Danielson. Gunn Club is in control coming out of the commercial break. Ass Boy gets a bit overzealous and Danielson trips him into the buckle. He makes the hot tag to Moxley, who goes apeshit on everyone. He takes Colten up the ropes for a superplex. Mox takes out Billy with a big lariat. Yuta tags in and hits a flying crossbody on Billy. Bryan nails the running knee. Mox and Bryan tease double suicide dives, but Billy takes them out at the last second. That leaves Wheeler in there with Billy. Yuta withstands Billy’s best power move and manages to counter the next one, rolling Billy up from behind and folding his own body backwards for extra leverage and the pin fall victory. Blackpool Combat Club defeats Gunn Club.
- Next up is The Butcher vs. Some Jabroni. Shawn Spears is on commentary. This match is just here to make Butcher look great before he faces Wardlow next week. It’s a squash that he wins with a powerbomb. Butcher defeats Some Jabroni.
- Dustin Rhodes is backstage talking shit about Lance Archer. Dustin then challenges CM Punk to a match on Dynamite next week. He says they will blow the roof off the venue in Pittsburgh.
- Now it’s Ruby Soho vs. Robyn Renegade in a qualifying match for the Owen Hart Foundation tournament. Soho gets a televised entrance, Renegade does not. Renegade tries to duck away from Ruby early on, but Ruby gets her with rapid-fire strikes and headbutts. Robyn gets the advantage and puts Soho in a camel clutch as we go to commercial break. Soho lands a backdrop suplex coming out of the commercial break. Robyn rakes at Ruby’s eyes, putting her in a state of distress. While the ref is distracted with Ruby, Robyn’s twin sister Charlotte does the ol’ switcheroo with Robyn. The trick doesn’t work so well, with Soho dumping her out of the ring fairly quickly. Robyn runs back in from behind for a quick roll up amidst the chaos, but Ruby kicks out. Ruby then puts Robyn away with a new finisher that looks a lot like Sister Abigail for the three count. Ruby Soho defeats Robyn Renegade and qualifies for Owen Hart tournament.
- Mark Henry interviews Adam Cole and Hangman Page ahead of their Texas Death Match for the AEW world championship. The only way to win the match is knockout or submission.
- Both men have steel chairs to start off the match. Hangman’s first swing is better than Cole’s, driving him out of the ring. Page grounds him on the outside and pummels his head with punches. He tosses Cole into the steel steps. Page clotheslines Cole over the barricade and into the crowd. Both men brawl up the stairs. Page grabs a beverage and smashes the other Adam in the head with it. They make their way back to the ring. Page connects with a moonsault from the top while holding a chair. He rams Cole’s head into another chair that is propped between the ropes in the corner. Cole is busted open as the ref begins counting to 10. Cole just beats the count as we go to commercial. Cole clotheslines Page with a chain as we come back from commercial break. Page catches Cole’s superkick and nails him with a crazy Death Valley Driver on two chairs set up with backs adjacent to each other. Hangman tosses more chairs into the ring. Cole manages to get Page in position for Panama Sunrise, but Hangman turns it into Deadeye on the flip. Cole rolls out of the ring to get his feet on the floor and break the ref’s 10 count. Page tries to follow up with a moonsault, but Cole catches him with a superkick on the way down.Page slides back into the ring on the ref’s count of six, and he is immediately hit with Panama Sunrise onto a bunch of steel chairs in the middle of the ring. Hangman makes it up to his feet just after the ref’s nine count. Cole brings Page up to the top rope. Page takes over and hits a fallaway slam onto the chairs in the middle of the ring. Cole just barely beats the 10 count. Page and Cole are both sitting in chairs, exchanging blows in the middle of the ring. They stand up and continue punching each other. Hangman goes onto the apron for his Buckshot Lariat, but Cole superkicks him before he can execute the move. Cole talks shit about Page not being good enough to beat him, so Page fires up and Buckshot Lariats the shit out of him. He ties Cole’s wrist to the top rope and grabs a chair wrapped in barbed wire.Page has second thoughts and drops the chair before using it. He unties Cole, and Cole takes advantage to hit an immediate low blow.Page comes back with another lariat. He wraps his arm with barbed wire. He counters Panama Sunrise with a barbed wire strike, wraps Cole’s head in barbed wire, and hits him with Deadeye through a table on the outside. The ref counts to 10. That’s it! Hangman Page defeats Adam Cole to retain the AEW world championship.
- That’s the end of the show, folks!