Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from the Colonial Life Arena in Columbia, South Carolina (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and chose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s card features Keith Lee vs. Powerhouse Hobbs in the main event.
Also set for tonight: Top Flight takes on the Young Bucks, the House of Black is in trios action against Fuego del Sol & Dark Order, and Jamie Hayter battles Skye Blue in a qualifying match for the Owen Hart Cup tournament.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR APR. 1
- Rampage kicks off with Young Bucks vs. Top Flight, with all the wrestlers already in the ring ready to go.
- Dante Martin and Nick Jackson exchange flips and dropkicks in the early going. Top Flight takes over with combination offense on Matt Jackson after Darius and Matt tag in. Matt comes back with some hip gyrations. Darius catches a springboarding Nick Jackson in the Manhattan Drop. Dante wipes out both Bucks on the outside with a suicide dive. The Young Bucks regroup and nail each member of Top Flight with superkicks. Matt follows up with a buckle bomb on Darius in the corner as we go to commercial break. Later in the fight, Dante goes for a springboard move but is tossed out of the ring, crashing into the barricade. Darius unleashes forearm strikes on Nick inside the ring. He goes for a backslide on Nick. While Nick rolls out of it, Matt runs in the ring and grabs Darius’ arm. Nick grabs the other arm, and they put him away with the BTE Trigger. Young Bucks defeat Top Flight via pin fall.
- There’s a video package covering Kris Statlander’s ongoing character change.
- Dan Lambert, Scorpio Sky, Paige VanZant, and Ethan Page are in the ring. Lambert talks shit about Sammy Guevara and Tay Conti’s relationship. Ethan Page says it’s disgusting that they took sex photos with the TNT title. Scorpio Sky won’t give Guevara a rematch for the title. Sammy and Tay suddenly appear on the big screen. It’s too bad that Lambert won’t grant him the title rematch. Guevara and Conti respond by destroying his car with a bunch of sledgehammer blows. Lambert is irate at the wreckage.
- Tony Schiavone tries to interview HOOK in the back, but Danhausen interrupts. He once again tries and fails to curse HOOK. HOOK walks away from the interview, leaving Danhausen in disbelief.
- Now it’s House of Black vs. Fuego del Sol and Dark Order (Evil Uno & Stu Grayson) in a trios match. Grayson aggressively takes it to Buddy in the early going. He tries to tag Uno but Fuego tags himself in first. Matthews rams Fuego like a dart into the middle buckle. Brody enters the match and tosses Fuego out of the ring, right onto Stu and Evil, as we go to commercial break. Fuego is still being mauled later in the match. Grayson finally tags back in. He teams up with Uno for a sit-out powerbomb variation on Black. Both Dark Order members are knocked outside the ring, where Brody takes them out with a running cannonball senton. Fuego is left alone in the ring with all three heels, daring them to bring it. Dark Order gets back in the mix before House of Black murders him. Fuego takes Black out with a poisonrana. He tries to follow up and has his head kicked off by Black, folding Fuego in half. Malakai pins Fuego’s unconscious body. House of Black defeats Fuego del Sol and Dark Order, and are named Chris Jericho’s Sports Entertainers of the Week.
- Young Bucks cut a promo accepting FTR’s challenge for next week on Dynamite. It will be Young vs. FTR part two, in Boston.
- Now we have Jamie Hayter vs. Skye Blue for a spot in the Owen Hart Cup tournament, with no time for entrances. Britt Baker is not ringside for Hayter because she is boycotting AEW until the promotion returns to her hometown of Pittsburgh. After Skye rattles Jamie early on, Hayter comes back with a suplex right into the corner buckle. She rams Skye’s face into the turnbuckles. Jamies a delayed vertical suplex, but Blue reverses it into a rollup for a near fall. Jamie stops Blue’s burst of offense with a sudden backbreaker onto her knee. But Blue isn’t done yet. She nails a running knee strike on Jamie’s jaw. Jamie comes back with power, folding Skye in half with a backdrop driver. Hayter hits a superplex from the middle buckle, and immediately follows up with a brainbuster. She puts Skye away with her lariat finisher. Jamie Hayter defeats Skye Blue and qualifies for the Owen Hart Cup tournament.
- Penta Oscura cuts a promo warning House of Black to not forget about Death Triangle.
- Mark Henry interviews Keith Lee and Powerhouse Hobbs ahead of their match. It’s time for the main event!
- The audience is fully behind Lee. The two big men lock up with nobody getting an advantage. Hobbs grabs a side headlock. Hobbs repeatedly tried running Lee over with shoulder blocks, but Keith doesn’t budge. Keith follows up with one of his own and sends Hobbs flying out of the ring as we go to commercial. Hobbs gained the advantage during the break by charging Lee through the outside guardrail. He takes Lee down with a falling lariat. Lee fights back with overhead chops into Hobbs’ chest. Lee takes Hobbs down with a massive lariat, but it’s not enough for the three count. Lee tries for a Spirit Bomb, but Hobbs counters with a backdrop. Lee then runs right into a powerslam from Hobbs. Keith dodges Hobbs’ next move and tosses Powerhouse to the other side of the ring. Ricky Starks runs to the ring with a steel chair. He is neutralized by Swerve Strickland. Lee is caught in a Hobbs’ spinebuster amidst the chaos, but the referee is distracted and can’t make the count. Lee is able to come back and nail Powerhouse with his finisher for the win. Keith Lee defeats Powerhouse Hobbs.
- After the match, Ricky Starks hits his finisher on Strickland through a table on the outside. Hobbs takes out Lee with a steel chair to the spine. The heels set up a table in the corner of the ring. Team Taz pummels Lee, and Hobbs spears him through the corner table. The heels stand tall as Rampage goes off the air.