Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight immediately following the NCAA tournament (around 11:30 pm ET) on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio, Texas (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and chose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
The main event of tonight’s card is Keith Lee versus Max Caster, with Team Taz probably looming somewhere in the background.
Also set for tonight’s card: Red Velvet vs. Leyla Hirsch, Darby Allin vs. The Butcher, and House of Black vs. Bear Country & Fuego del Sol.
Come right back here at 11:30 pm ET (or whenever the NCAA tournament finishes) when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR MAR. 18
- Rampage kicks off on TNT at 11:48 pm ET with Darby Allin vs. The Butcher. There’s no time for entrances here.
- Just a couple minutes in and Darby is already doing his high speed suicide dive, nailing The Butcher in the sternum outside the ring while crashing into the guardrail. Darby tries to counter Butcher’s power by biting his fingers. Butcher rams Darby into the corner buckle and follows up with an immediate clothesline to put him down. He then swings Darby around the ring by his neck. Butcher and Sting have a staredown heading into the commercial break. Later in the match, Butcher locks in a Texas Cloverleaf and then turns it into a powerbomb. Outside the ring, Butcher swings Darby into the guardrail and then the steel steps. He’s pissed off because Darby put him on the injured list for five months last year. Darby comes back with a Code Red. He climbs up to the top rope and nails the Coffin Drop to the outside on Butcher. Darby crawls back into the ring, but the Butcher fails to make it back into the ring before the referee counts to 10. Darby Allin defeats The Butcher by count out.
- Before Darby can catch a breath, Andrade’s music hits. The ring is quickly filled with Private Party, Blade, Butcher, and Andrade, who attack Sting and Darby. The Hardys come out and make the save! The heels run away up the ramp. Matt Hardy grabs a mic and wants to keep fighting. The heels are too chickenshit to get back in the ring, so Hardy challenges them to an 8 man tornado tag team match next week on Dynamite. The Hardys, Sting, and Darby Allin vs. Private Party, Butcher, and The Blade could happen next week on Dynamite if Andrade accepts.
- Scorpio Sky cuts a promo with Dan Lambert and Paige VanZant, bragging about Scorpio’s streak and Paige being a money draw.
- Next up is Red Velvet vs. Leyla Hirsch. They can’t stand each other and begin to brawl on the entrance ramp before the match officially begins. They make it into the ring. Leyla unleashes strikes in the corner on Red, but Red turns her around and gets in some body blows of her own. Hirsch knocks Velvet off the ropes and stomps her into the mat. Later in the fight, Red rams Leyla’s head into the mat with a bulldog variation. Leyla catches Red’s spin kick and executes an overhead suplex out of it. She follows up with a deadlift German suplex on Velvet. Leyla tries to tap her out but Red gets her boot on the rope to break the hold. Leyla grabs a foreign object from under the ring. Kris Statlander (without her typical face paint) grabs it from her before she can use it. Velvet takes advantage of a distracted Hirsch with a corkscrew kick for the pin fall victory. Red Velvet defeats Leyla Hirsch.
- QT Marshall cuts a promo. He’s proud of Hook for beating him at Revolution. He’s going to present Hook with the inaugural QT Marshall Certificate of Accomplishment next week on Rampage.
- Now it’s House of Black vs Fuego del Sol and Bear Country in a trios match. Malakai with a high roundhouse kick to Bear Bronson. Fuego and Boulder try to help out but Malakai sends them packing too. Buddy Matthews tags in. He stomps Bear’s elbow and follows up with a barrage of kicks. Brody King tags in and hits a senton on the chest of Bear. Fuego tags in but Brody knocks him out of the air during a springboard move. Boulder is in now, but all three members of The House of Black kick his ass. Fuego mounts a comeback but it doesn’t last long. House of Black wipes all three of them out, with Buddy Matthews finishing off Fuego for the pin. House of Black defeats Fuego del Sol & Bear Country.
- Penta has a pre-taped promo, trash talking House of Black on behalf of Death Triangle.
- Mark Henry interviews The Acclaimed and Keith Lee ahead of the main event match between Lee and Max Caster.
- Max Caster rips on Ted Cruz and remembers The Alamo during his entrance rap.
- After Lee shows off his power, Caster staggers him with a dropkick. Caster with a boot to the mouth. Lee leapfrogs over him and tosses Caster over his head without even arching his back. Powerhouse Hobbs appears on the stage and catches Lee’s attention heading into the commercial break. Caster is in control after the break. A backhand strike angers Lee, who flattens Caster with a pounce. He tosses Caster from one side of the ring to the other. Caster comes back with a kick to the face. He tries to lift Lee up but it doesn’t work. Lee grabs him and suddenly hits his finisher for the win. Keith Lee defeats Max Caster.
- Hobbs marches down to the ring and begins to brawl with Lee. Ricky Starks joins the fight with the Acclaimed for a 4-on-1 beatdown on Lee. Swerve Strickland is here! He runs in with a chair, and all four heels quickly scatter from the ring. Lee and Strickland embrace and stand tall as the show goes off the air.