Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and chose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s card features the long-awaited singles match between Thunder Rosa and Mercedes Martinez.
We’ll also see two championship bouts. Ricky Starks defends the FTW title against Jay Lethal, and Sammy Guevara defends the TNT title against Isiah Kassidy.
Finally, Adam Cole goes one-on-one with Evil Uno.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR FEB. 4
- The first match on Rampage is Evil Uno vs. Adam Cole.
- Cole rushes Uno right from the opening bell. Uno comes back with a hanging neckbreaker. Cole counters a senton with his knees. He knocks Uno out with multiple kicks, and then lowers the boom for the win. Adam Cole defeats Evil Uno.
- Cole cuts a promo after the match is over. He runs down a list of wrestlers he has defeated in AEW. He says he is undefeated because the unsanctioned loss to Orange Cassidy doesn’t count. He’s a new, ruthless Adam Cole. He takes what he wants, and what he wants is some respect. He’s been one of the best wrestlers in the world for years. No matter which company he is is, he always becomes the guy. And now he wants the AEW world championship, and it’s a certainty that he will get it.
- Jade Cargill promo where she says she’s green like money. Who’s next to fall to her undefeated streak?
- Next up is Sammy Guevara defending the TNT championship against Isiah Kassidy. Guevara’s ribs are wrapped up.
- Kassidy took over for a bit after Matt Hardy illegally hit a side effect on Guevara on the ring apron. Andrade’s music hits and he walks out to watch the match. Sammy is distracted and hit with a backstabber from Kassidy. There are four or five AHFO members ringside and nobody watching Guevara’s back. Guevara almost loses after a senton to his lower spine. Both men exchange corkscrew kicks. Guevara fires up, nails a double springboard cutter, and follows up with the GTH for the win. Sammy Guevara defeats Isiah Kassidy to retain the TNT title.
- Andrade and the AHFO surround Guevara after the match. Darby Allin runs out and they bail. Darby is staring hard at Sammy’s TNT titles and gives them a pat.
- QT Marshall cuts a promo on Hook. He’s sending one of his star students (who we’ve never seen before) to beat Hook next week. That student was later revealed to be Blake Li.
- Tony Schiavone interviews Kris Statlander. Leyla Hirsch attacks her from behind with a chair and lays her out. Red Velvet runs in to check on Statlander.
- Next up is Thunder Rosa vs. Mercedes Martinez.
- Rosa is on a tear early on, looking for revenge on Martinez for screwing her out of the TBS championship tournament. Martinez puts an end to her momentum with a spinebuster. Late in the match, Mercedes executes an avalanche Death Valley driver. Rosa comes back with an Emerald Flowsion. Mercedes rolls outside the ring. Ross stays with her, ramming her head first into the steel steps. Martinez grabs a pipe from under the ring and wallops Rosa with it for a knockout blow. The ref calls for the bell. Thunder Rosa defeats Mercedes Martinez by disqualification.
- Schiavone interviews Mercedes afterwards. She says her goal was to take out Rosa, and so that’s what she did with the pipe. Britt Baker shows up and reveals that she paid off Mercedes to beat up Rosa. Baker tells her to finish the job without losing next time, or else she’ll make sure Martinez is gone from AEW quicker than she was gone from her last job.
- Mark Henry interviews Ricky Starks and Jay Lethal ahead of their FTW title match, coming up next.
- Tony Khan will have a “huge announcement” next week on Dynamite.
- Jurassic Express will defend the AEW tag titles against the Ass Boys next week.
- It’s time for the main event. Powerhouse Hobbs is watching ringside. He tries to intimidate Lethal in the early going after a hot start. The distraction allows Starks to take over. Starks lands an overhead belly-to-belly suplex during the commercial break. Later in the fight, Lethal charges into the corner but eats a boot to the face. Ricky follows up with a Liger Bomb for the two count. Both men are on their knees exchanging blows in the middle of the ring. Lethal puts Starks down and then dropkicks Hobbs off the ring apron. Hobbs gets back into it but he is neutralized by Dante Martin. Starks dodges the Lethal Injection and reverses into his finisher for the win. Ricky Starks defeats Jay Lethal to retain the FTW title.