Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from the H-E-B Center in greater Austin, Texas (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and choose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s main event is Orange Cassidy defending the AEW All-Atlantic championship against a mystery opponent selected by Kip Sabian.
Elsewhere on the card we’ll see Jon Moxley vs. Konosuke Takeshita, Hikaru Shida defends the Regina Di WAVE title against The Bunny, and Lee Moriarty & Big Bill in action. We’ll also hear from Ruby Soho, Tay Melo, Athena, and more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR DEC. 9
- Rampage kicks off with Jon Moxley vs. Konosuke Takeshita, with both men already in the ring as the bell rings to begin the fight.
- Jon Moxley defeats Konosuke Takeshita. Moxley offers Takeshita a handshake early on but suckers him in for a slap to the face. Takeshita slaps back and then both men trade elbow strikes. They brawl out of the ring heading into the commercial break. Moxley piledrives Konosuke in the ring coming out of the break, but Mox is bleeding like crazy after being busted open during the break. Takeshita takes Moxley down multiple times with flying strikes. He DDT’s Mox on the ring apron. Mox turns things around with a King Kong lariat. Takeshita counters the Paradigm Shift and gets a near fall with a sheer drop brain buster. Mox counters a German suplex into a choke, but Konosuke turns it into a Blue Thunder Bomb for a near fall. Konosuke hits a deadlift German suplex for another near fall. Mox gets his knees up on Takeshita’s frog splash attempt, and follows up with elbow strikes into the Death Rider. Konosuke kicks out at one! Mox with a jumping knee to his skull, but Konosuke refuses to stay down. Konosuke gets the higher ground and stomps Mox’s head into the mat. Mox kicks up at him and takes his back, battering the base of his skull. Mox tries for the bulldog choke. Konosuke briefly prevents him from locking it in, but he eventually succumbs and passes out to end the match.
- Hangman Page immediately comes out and says the doctors won’t clear him to wrestle because of his brain. He then initiates a brawl with Mox with a punch to the face. Mox eventually tosses Hangman into the steel ringpost, and the cowboy is disoriented. Claudio and Wheeler Yuta come out to pull Mox away, while there is concern for Hangman’s health.
- We get another chapter in the Book of Hobbs, which is similar to the previous entries.
- Tony Schiavone congratulates HOOK on the one year anniversary of his AEW debut.
- Hikaru Shida defeats The Bunny to retain the Regina Di WAVE championship. They lock up, with Shida backing her opponent up into the ropes. They make their way back to the middle of the ring, trading elbow strikes. Shida slams Bunny on the mat. Shida jams her knee missing a jump from the middle rope. Bunny takes over and wrenches back on Shida’s neck over the top rope. Bunny lands a thrust kick coming out of the commercial break. Shida regains the advantage, so Penelope Ford decides to get involved. She lures Shida outside the ring and holds her in place for Bunny to strike, but Shida dodges out of the way and Bunny accidentally kicks Ford. Shida takes out Ford with the meteora. She gets a near fall in the ring on Bunny with the Michinoku Driver. Shida puts Bunny away with The Katana.
- After the match, AEW Women’s World Champion Jamie Hayter comes out and stares down Shida.
- There’s a hype video for Mercedes Martinez vs. Athena at ROH Final Battle.
- Lee Moriarty & Big Bill (W. Morrissey) defeat two jobbers in a tag team squash match. Moriarty dominates both jobbers by himself. Big Bill tags himself in to finish them off. He destroys one jobber with a big boot and the other with a chokeslam. It ends with Big Bill’s standing pin with one foot on the jobber’s chest.
- FTR promo is next, they vow to end the trilogy against The Briscoes with another win at Final Battle.
- Ortiz & Eddie Kingston cut a quick promo, declaring they want a piece of the House of Black.
- Mark Henry interviews Kip Sabian and Orange Cassidy ahead of tonight’s main event, where Sabian selects a mystery opponent to challenge for Cassidy’s All-Atlantic championship. Danhausen shows up and steals Mark Henry’s catchphrase.
- Excalibur runs down the card for tomorrow’s ROH Final Battle, including new matches featuring RUSH, Top Flight, Jeff Cobb, and The Kingdom. Excalibur also runs down the card for Winter is Coming next week on Dynamite, including Ruby Soho vs. Tay Melo.
- Orange Cassidy defeats Trent Seven to retain the AEW All-Atlantic championship. Seven blocks OCs hands in the pockets and turns it into simultaneous mustache twirls. Seven goes for an overhand chop but OC gives him a high five while dodging it. Seven slams OC down and follows up with a legdrop. OC is distracted by Sabian on the outside. Sabian is knocked down, and Penelope Ford runs away to the back. She comes back with The Bunny, The Butcher, and The Blade. The Best Friends immediately engage them in a brawl on the ramp heading into the commercial break. Cassidy is distracted again by Sabian later in the match, but OC pulls Kip into the path of Seven’s suicide dive. Cassidy misses the Orange Punch and eats a suplex in return. Seven knocks OC inside out with a short-arm lariat for a near fall. Seven tries to finish OC off with a twisting piledriver, but Cassidy kicks out of the pin attempt. OC finds an opening for the Orange Punch / Beach Break combo to finish Seven off for the pin.
- Sabian and Seven stomp the hell out of OC after the match. Out comes Dustin Rhodes for the save. He takes out Sabian and trades blows with Seven. Rhodes puts Seven down with an uppercut and a powerslam. Dustin helps Cassidy to his feet as the show goes off the air.